Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EjCargo

TV SLOWING DOWN & HOGGING WIFI ALL OF THE SUDDEN

So, ever since the last Roku update my tv is clogging up my wifi, slowing down other devices & now my AirPlay is literally unusable. If I try to AirPlay to the tv it pauses every 1-2 min or more. I have never had this issue before the update. I airplay to my tv every single day. My WiFi is working great on all of my other devices as long as my tv isn’t connected or I’m not using AirPlay. I have called my wifi provider & they assured me nothing has changed on their end.  So idk if there’s some bug in this new update that is causing this. Or if this is how my tv is going to operate from now on. But if that’s the case then I will be getting rid of it bc this is the main thing I use my tv for. There’s tons of ppl on reddit & quora having the same issues all of the sudden. So I know I’m not crazy. I have tried everything. Resetting my router. Factory resetting my tv. Resetting my iPad. Turning off all of my other devices. Resetting my mesh network. Moving my router & mesh network nodes to different locations. & so on. I’ve tried it all. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
brixleigh
Reel Rookie

Re: TV SLOWING DOWN & HOGGING WIFI ALL OF THE SUDDEN

I found this article that suggests a solution to limit bandwidth usage on Roku. 

Hope it helps.

https://www.howtogeek.com/289289/how-to-limit-bandwidth-usage-on-your-roku/

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TV SLOWING DOWN & HOGGING WIFI ALL OF THE SUDDEN

Hi, @EjCargo 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand the issue you have encountered with your Roku TV, specifically on its connectivity with your network, and we'd be glad to take a closer look at the situation for us to help. For this matter, we'd like to collect further information about your Roku TV so our team can investigate. Kindly provide the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Roku TV's last OS update's date.. (This can be found in Settings > System > Software update > Check Now).

We hope for your response, as we are committed to assisting you to address the issue at hand.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos