Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HC-1
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku premiere no longer connects to wireless network

Jump to solution

I was able to navigate around in the settings and look at connected devices but still couldn’t find a way to manually change channels. I wasn’t getting the option.  However, I did learn a lot should I need to investigate issues again.  It was helpful.  I decided to purchase a new device as I will be upgrading my tv soon anyway.  I wanted something a bit faster as well. This Roku has been experiencing a lot of issues lately.  Thanks again for the help.

0 Kudos
HC-1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The new device quickly connected to the network and works great!

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Good to hear, though probably not the preferred resolution, but you do get a newer/upgraded device.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Thanks for reporting back.  So often we never hear back, so others with the same problem never learn if the suggestions given actually worked out.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
jmkd11

Jump to solution

I have tried the solution to change the channel and make sure the MHz is 20. The Roku will still not connect to the network. A couple of days ago I had to change the name and password to the xfinity router. This booted all of my devices off wifi. I have reconnected all devices except Roku and an iMac. Please help.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @jmkd11

Thanks for the post.

Since your internet service provider is Xfinity, we would recommend changing your router settings for the 2.4 GHz band from g/n to b/g/n, as customers have stated that this helped resolve their issue.

Let us know if this works for you!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos