Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paleogirl2003
Streaming Star

Re: Roku keep losing connection

Jump to solution

@VandyFC  I don't know the history with the 4k sticks to which you refer, but I've never noticed the issue on my 4k stick. 

I'm personally seeing it on my 3800x, but I haven't used my 4k in a few days. 

Giving us the option to optionally roll back ourselves when these things happen would be nice (without having to factory reset). 

0 Kudos
VandyFC
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Paleogirl2003

Sorry, should have been more specific.....Roku Express 4k+ model 3941. The original request here was this model. Understand though that other models are included in here as well. It's very frustrating for these not to be working correctly to so many people.

Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have two roku's. and ultra and ultra lt. mine go about a week the loose connection. I swap it out with my other which now work fine for about a week. I just keep swapping back and forth. after the sit for a day they are fixed. You have to have 2 roku. I never had problems with my older 3's.

0 Kudos
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I forgot to mention I am hard wired and the connection loss is to the network

0 Kudos
Maine1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Well......it's doing it again!  Whatever the problem is, it has returned and my Roku is losing connection repeatedly.  Can't get thru any show without the thing disconnecting every 2 - 4 minutes.

I have a 3930X-Roku Express.

This is getting ridiculous! Time to find an alternative as all the recommended suggestions have not worked for me.  Nor do they seem to work for anyone else who has posted here for help.

jyt
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

looks like support here is useless.  nobody got back to me after first “yeah we’ll help.”  right… from the HIGH VOLUME of complaints about this issue i think doesn’t have clue one.  

what alternatives to roku products does this community recommend?  i’ve had it.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for keeping us posted on the Roku devices that keep disconnecting from your wireless network.

We will be more than happy to look into this issue that you're experiencing. Can you please provide the following information below?

• How many devices do you have connected to your network right now? (e.g., TV, mobile phone, laptop, computer)
  • Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider?
  • What error message or code are you getting after trying to connect to your network? (after putting in the network credentials)
  • How far is your device from your network router?
  • Do you have cellular data, so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Maine1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
  • we have 3 devices currently connected:  3 computers 
  • No changes have been made to our network
  • no error messages are appearing; just a disconnect that brings you back to the home screen where the ROKU letters are jumping around.
  • Our Roku is approx 2 feet from the router
  • we aren't using any celluar data or hot spots 
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Maine1,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We understand that you're having a problem with your Roku Express since it will disconnect through your wireless network or Wi-Fi. We're happy to assist. Please be aware that we have passed along your information to our Support team. They will reach out to you.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help you.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
VandyFC
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuJohnB. I am sure there are people now saying.....here we go again! John, this has been an issue now long enough that we should be able to close this whole topic of loosing connection down. It has many topic names but they are all the same. Hundreds of not thousands of people have come to the Roku Community to find answers. This particular chat has 11 pages now. Everyone is having the same issue. Everyone is frustrated with this. Some have left Roku for other devices. Most everyone in the beginning was asked what device, when, where, how long, etc, etc. It's ALL the same. They are loosing connection. It is NOT there setup! It is the Roku device. They literally should be recalled but since that won't happen, they need a fix, NOW. This needs to be closed out in every chat where it is mentioned. And Roku needs to acknowledge, take responsibility, and provide a fix. They need to email every person that has an active account. This getting to be ridiculous. 

Maybe hooking up a news station to look at the problem would help speed this process? Not sure but someone needs to light a fire under whoever is in charge of this at Roku. This is becoming to where everyone needs to get the fix within a reasonable time from today (days not weeks if even that long) or everyone gets their money back. There are laws to protect the consumer from buying a product that doesn't work as advertised.

Please, just fix it. No more questions. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.