Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lesley17
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku 4K refuses to connect to WiFi -- even after factory reset!

I changed my password too, still not connecting, thank anyways 

0 Kudos
Nindy

had the same problem.  Went into my router settings and disabled 5Khz band width and left 2.5 KHz only switched on.  Roku then recognised my network and I could then input my login again.  Once logged in I returned my router to both 2.5 and 5Khz settings. Everything worked fine after.

good luck.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Nindy your information is inaccurate. See my response to your previous post.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Lesley17
Reel Rookie

I have no idea how to change my bandwidth, could you please tell me how you did it, thank you so much 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Lesley17 There is no bandwidth setting. There is a channel width, which on most routers is set to Auto and should be fine as is. As to how to make setting changes in your router, that is brand/model dependent. If your ISP has provided your router, it's possible you cannot make any changes yourself, and your ISP would need to make them. 

For 2.4 GHz, the most important setting is the Mode. If you have the ability to change it, this setting should be B/G/N. Many ISPs have changed the setting to G/N, and for unknown reasons that causes problems with some model Roku devices. Your TV should also work with the 5 GHz radio band, but here again we have settings from an ISP that might cause issues. On 5 GHz, you cannot use what are labeled as DFS channels. In some localities it is illegal to use those channels, so Roku devices will not support them. You need to use a channel of 48 or lower, or 149 or higher for the 5 GHz band.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.