Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skydiver103
Reel Rookie

Problems with Roku Streaming Stick 4k+

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with my Roku 4K Stick. I was dumb enough to buy a 2nd 4K Stick thinking this was a one-off condition. Within six months my second 4K Stick loses wi-fi and then locks-up completely.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Problems with Roku Streaming Stick 4k+

Jump to solution

Hi @skydiver103,

Thanks for the response.

Have you tried restarting your Roku device to see if it helps? We recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating from Settings > System > Power > System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

Have you also tried to connect the Roku device to an alternative wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are still experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted on how it goes this time.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @skydiver103,

A friendly welcome from the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us about your Roku device. We're pleased to assist.

• Can your other devices connect to the network without any issues or latency? 
  • What do you see on your screen when trying to connect to your network?
  • What error message/code are you getting after trying to connect to your network?
  • Do you have cellular data so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

Please keep us posted on what you find out; we will happily continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
skydiver103
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I also have a Roku TV and a Roku Express without voice search that works fine. It's the Roku 4K Sticks that plug directly into the TV's HDMI port that lock up. The picture freezes then the Wi-Fi "Not Connected" is displayed. The Roku remote control becomes completely inoperative.  I am forced to de-power the 4K Stick for a few minutes before it starts working again. However, it only works for about 5 to 10 minutes then becomes inoperative again. Yes, It's updated and I use wall-plug power.  This is exactly what happened to my last Roku 4K Stick.  **bleep** Components.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @skydiver103,

Thanks for the response.

Have you tried restarting your Roku device to see if it helps? We recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating from Settings > System > Power > System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

Have you also tried to connect the Roku device to an alternative wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are still experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted on how it goes this time.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
skydiver103
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I followed some advice I read in an earlier post.  I went into Settings, System Power, and used the "Factory Reset" procedures, and this fixed my 4K Stick issues.  I did need to add in and re-log on to my Streaming Providers. But now my 4K stick is working again. Thanks for your quick response.

Best regards,

David R.

EDH1

Jump to solution

I'm trying to hook it up in the guest room and it's not letting me move through the menu. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @EDH1,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to see more about what's going on here and we need more details about this.

Is this a newly set up device or have you set this up already? Also, this is likely a remote issue you're experiencing, have you tried repairing it or putting in some fresh batteries to see if there are any differences? 

Let us know more about this so that we can further assist you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello, ive had a roku streaming stick for a little over a year now and it has always worked fine. Today however i try hitting the home button on my roku so I can watch betflix, but nothing happened. I then see that the light on the stick is off. I unplugged it multiple times and into different hdmis to look for a solution, I unplugged my tv and replugged it, and I tried reseting with the reset button in the back of the streaming stick. It is still unresponsive. Please help.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Do you have it plugged into the USB port of the TV or a USB power adapter plugged into the wall?  If you're using the TV's USB port, try using the supplied USB power adapter.  If you're already doing that, try a USB power adapter/charger from a phone or tablet.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos