Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abd56ullah
Reel Rookie

My Roku keeps losing Wi-Fi connection. How can I fix this?

Hi everyone, I’ve been having an issue with my Roku device where it keeps losing its Wi-Fi connection. It happens randomly, and I have to restart the device to reconnect. My other devices don’t have this problem, so I don’t think it’s my router. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any tips on how to resolve it would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: My Roku keeps losing Wi-Fi connection. How can I fix this?

For what it’s worth, I had an iPad for years that kept having to reconnect to the router.  I blamed the iPad because nothing else had a problem.  Then I replaced the router and the iPad now works perfectly.  Of course I still don’t know who should be blamed for the “incompatibility”.  Maybe the new router intentionally works around an Apple bug.  Or maybe it doesn’t have the bug that the old router had.

You could try playing with settings within the router too.  You haven't mentioned a model number, but sometimes changing Wi-Fi bands or the channel within the band can help.  Also, avoiding DFS channels, and making sure that the 2.4GHz band (if that's what you're using) has all modes b/g/n enabled.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.