Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yobra
Binge Watcher

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

I've done all this and more. I have premier upstairs and a stick which is the oldest of Roku downstairs. Now it's every morning and evening around 7 the wifi disconnects. Router is working fine all lit up and it also disconnects from my phone and any other device on the wifi. Cox can't figure it out Roku has no clue either just basic information that doesn't work. Going to be switching soon to the Google Chromecast, all my things are android anyways and I here their are no issues with WiFi disconnecting. 

0 Kudos
counselor
Streaming Star

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

Smart move.  That's what I did almost 2 years ago. Trouble free streaming ever since.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @yobra

We sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience this issue has caused you.

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found in the Settings menu by navigating Settings > System > About.

Once we have it, we'll forward it to our team who will assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
yobra
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks but no Thanks. Just purchased a Google Chromecast HD with Google TV for $29.99. replacing the Roku downstairs and will keep the one upstairs. Over this been going on for over 2 years. Wifi went out last night during my baseball game and almost missed Albert Pujols 700 Home run. 

dkqc
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Turned of bandwidth saver in Roku settings and got a backup battery to protect my internet router from fluctuations in power flow, and now am no longer losing my wifi connection, except occasionally when my satellite system goes down.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

while wtching a show on netflix or any sorce the system freezes and the only

way i can select an option is to disconnect the power on my roku device and

allow it to reset,,,,,,but,,,,, this keeps happening every 30 or 40 minutes.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @FrankCifone,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. How are you powering the device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port, or is it plugged into the wall outlet with the provided cables? How long has the issue been occurring? Have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV as well as trying your device on another TV? In addition, have you tried rebooting your wireless network to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing?

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

yobra
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Setting up my Google Chromecast as we speak. I'm over the Roku problems. 

Steve01351
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Go to **bleep**. EVERY OTHER WIFI DEVICE in this house is working perfectly. To suggest that I spend that much time resetting everything because a Roku device screws up is insane.

It makes much more sense to return it and write a review.

Keith22
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Good luck…  Try to see if it is up to date with updates ? 

0 Kudos