Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JBerus
Reel Rookie

Getting An Error 014.30, Solutions Not Working

The internet on my Roku box was working fine, and then we got a new internet modem. It's giving me an error 014.30. It won't connect to our internet modem, but it connected to a phone hotspot. I've tried every solution I've found, including completely factory resetting the device. 

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Getting An Error 014.30, Solutions Not Working

Hello @JBerus

Welcome to the Roku Community!

That error code is related to connectivity issues with your wireless network, please refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet 

Furthermore, if the affected device is either a Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
reverev
Channel Surfer

Good morning, please help, same problem over and over.  Error message 14:30 not connected to the internet, my wifi is working fine.  I have no trouble with my smart tv at all. I ordered a new express thingy, that runs hot, don't know if that's the problem, but I am truly tired, trying to stay connected. also I can't seem to talk to anyone; why is that?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @reverev,

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried the steps posted by @RokuKarla above as well as posts from @RokuKariza-D to see if that resolves the issue? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue?

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
reverev
Channel Surfer

Good Morning Mary,

In answer to your question, I have reset my router, and the express device, but as I said before everything works except Roku. It could be the express device, it gets hot, other than that I don't know.                            

Thank you for responding!

0 Kudos
JBerus
Reel Rookie

My internet is 2.4GHz. It still isn't working. It worked fine before we got a new modem, we still have the same internet name, password, etc, just a new modem. And again, I've tried every "solution" I was recommended, none of them worked. I'm not sure why. The device is up to date, our internet is working fine on other devices (phones, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, etc.) The only thing that works is a phone hot spot. 

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@reverev Have you checked that your router is broadcasting on 2.4 GHz b/g/n ?  

Furthermore, if the affected device is either a Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@JBerus Have you checked that your router is broadcasting b/g/n on the 2.4 GHz band?

0 Kudos
JBerus
Reel Rookie

Yeah.

0 Kudos
reverev
Channel Surfer

Good evening, Roku still not working, error message 14:30, not connected

Thanks, please help

0 Kudos