Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New Roku: Criticalsyncallfailed: -4

Jump to solution

Hello Community users,

We appreciate you taking the time to post about this issue you've been experiencing. Please note that we have passed your information to the appropriate Roku team for additional details to investigate.

In the meantime, we recommend that the Factory reset your Roku device to resolve the issue. Please be aware that once your device has been factory reset, you must set up the streaming device again.

You can follow these steps to perform a factory reset from the Settings menu:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Advanced System settings
  5. Select Factory reset
  6. If you have a Roku TV, select Factory reset everything. Otherwise, move to the next step.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions.

For more information about Factory resetting a Roku device, visit our Support page here: System restart or Factory reset your streaming device.

However, if the issue persists, @Shrizzle @Jerrica, can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID (to obtain this, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times when the issue occurs).
  • Photo of the error message for reference.

We'll be eager to wait for your update. Thank you!

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Schiffmd

Re: HAS ANYONE EVER GOTTEN A FIX??

Jump to solution

I connected a brand new Roku ultra. I bought it several months ago and just got a TV. The connection started out fine with asking me which language I wanted to use. Eventually, it got stuck, and now all I get is criticalsyncallfailed: -4. Even though it shows that I am connected to the Internet, I cannot do a factory reset. I cannot get to settings. I am totally stuck. I see that I am not the only one having this problem. How can I get out of this endless loop? 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HAS ANYONE EVER GOTTEN A FIX??

Jump to solution

@Schiffmd, you can always factory reset the device using the reset button.  On an Ultra it's on the bottom, so it's fairly easy to do.  You usually need a paperclip on most Roku devices.  With the power connected, press and hold it for no less than 30 seconds no matter what's happening onscreen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Schiffmd

Re: Still waiting for the updates

Jump to solution

I can NOT get the home button to respond. I cannot get to settings. I am stuck with the error message!!!!!

0 Kudos
NMbaba

Re: Roku Ultra error criticalSyncFailed:-4

Jump to solution

After connecting my Roku Ultra and setting up my account, the Roku started downloading channels. After a few minutes, it locked up. After about 20 minutes, I unplugged the unit, waited a couple of minutes, and plugged it back in. When it came back up, it asked me to connect to WiFi. I was already connected with a wired ethernet connection, so I selected "wired" and tried to do it again. It said "connected" with a checkmark in a box, then it immediately started downloading software. Within a second, this appeared:

Connection Dropped - There was a problem connecting to the network. (criticalSyncAllFailed:-4) Press OK to reconnect.

When I press OK, the same thing happens, over and over. No other buttons are functional. Everything else on the network works, and I replaced the cable just in case. Should I box it up and send it back, or can something be done to fix it?

0 Kudos

Re: I have a westinghouse roku tv ,it shows a reported error (criticalSyncAliFalled: -4)

Jump to solution

0 Kudos

Re: I have a westinghouse roku tv ,it shows a reported error (criticalSyncAliFalled: -4)

Jump to solution

image.jpg

0 Kudos
Bradycentral
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue here!!

0 Kudos
Kick
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m having the exact same problems. I just bought this Roku Express today. My Roku TV in the living room works perfectly fine but this express doesn’t get passed the wireless screen. I have the exact same error message pop up

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users.

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention.

Our team is currently aware of the issue, and a fix will soon be released on your respective Roku devices. In the meantime, the troubleshooting step that resolves this issue is to perform a Factory Reset on your Roku devices.

Performing a factory reset will remove all stored personal data relating to your settings, network connections, Roku data, and menu preferences. Once completed, you must repeat the guided setup, reconnecting to the Internet, re-linking your Roku account, and reloading streaming channels. To perform this step, kindly follow the steps below:

Located on the back or bottom of your device, the physical Reset button is either tactile or a pinhole design that requires a straightened paper clip. It will appear similar to one of the following:

Once this is performed, you need to reactivate the Roku device and follow the steps to fully activate it.

In addition to the post troubleshooting steps above, we recommend you try the following steps with your remote control: Press the Home button five times, then the Fast Forward button three times, followed by pressing the Rewind button twice.

We'll mark this post as a solution for everyone's visibility.

We hope this works, and your patience is greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.