Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Qwert1
Reel Rookie

I would like to know what this error code (criticalSyncAllFailed: -3) means

Jump to solution

I have a westinghouse roku tv and it has this error:
Link Error
Problem connecting to the network (criticalSyncAllFailed: -3)
Please retry. Press the OK button to reconnect
I would like to know what this error code (criticalSyncAllFailed: -3) means

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Still waiting for the updates

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Greetings, and we appreciate your cooperation and patience on this here in the Roku Community!

To resolve the issue you've been experiencing, we recommend performing a factory reset on your Roku device. Please be aware that once your device has been factory reset, you must set up the streaming device again.

You can follow these steps to perform a factory reset from the Settings menu:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Advanced System settings
  5. Select Factory reset
  6. If you have a Roku TV, select Factory reset everything. Otherwise, move to the next step.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions.

For more information about Factory resetting a Roku device, visit our Support page here: System restart or Factory reset your streaming device.

We will mark this post as solved, but if the instructions above don't solve the issue for you, let us know, and we'll continue helping!

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Still waiting for the updates

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users.

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention.

Our team is currently aware of the issue, and a fix will soon be released on your respective Roku devices. In the meantime, the troubleshooting step that resolves this issue is to perform a Factory Reset on your Roku devices.

Performing a factory reset will remove all stored personal data relating to your settings, network connections, Roku data, and menu preferences. Once completed, you must repeat the guided setup, reconnecting to the Internet, re-linking your Roku account, and reloading streaming channels. To perform this step, kindly follow the steps below:

Located on the back or bottom of your device, the physical Reset button is either tactile or a pinhole design that requires a straightened paper clip. It will appear similar to one of the following:

Once this is performed, you need to reactivate the Roku device and follow the steps to fully activate it.

In addition to the post troubleshooting steps above, we recommend you try the following steps with your remote control: Press the Home button five times, then the Fast Forward button three times, followed by pressing the Rewind button twice.

We'll mark this post as a solution for everyone's visibility.

We hope this works, and your patience is greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

45 REPLIES 45
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I would like to know what this error code (criticalSyncAllFailed: -3) means

Jump to solution

Hi @Qwert1,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We would be happy to investigate this issue further, but we need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID (to obtain this, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times when the issue occurs).
  • Photo of the error message for reference.

Once we have this information, we'll be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Qwert1
Reel Rookie

I have a westinghouse roku tv ,it shows a reported error (criticalSyncAliFalled: -4)

Jump to solution

Connection Dropped
There was a problam connecting to the network(criticalSyncAliFalled: -4)
Please try agaln, Press the Ok button to reconnect

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I have a westinghouse roku tv ,it shows a reported error (criticalSyncAliFalled: -4)

Jump to solution

Hi @Qwert1,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We want to resolve this as soon as possible, but we need more details. Can you please provide us with the information from my post above?

Once we have this information, we'll be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Qwert1
Reel Rookie

Re: I have a westinghouse roku tv ,it shows a reported error (criticalSyncAliFalled: -4)

Jump to solution

ss1.png

Qwert1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Screenshot 2024-05-29 015115.png

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Qwert1,

Thanks for your cooperation!

We appreciate your patience regarding the issue you've been experiencing. We will forward this to the appropriate Roku team. Also, to investigate your Roku device further, can you please provide us with the remaining information that our team needs?

• Roku TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID (to obtain this, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times when the issue occurs).

We'll be eager to wait for your update.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SRodri

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue

Allure
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My error was -4 not -3

model 3810X roku streaming stick+
serial# yh00dh231755(21306d231755)

software version 13.0.0 build 24056-50

issue id 55-212-623

wtf is going on?? I can’t watch my tv!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

0 Kudos
Allure
Channel Surfer

Error (criticalSyncAliFalled: -4)

Jump to solution

I’ve been waiting HOURS and no response from Roku! 🤬

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.