Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Still waiting for the updates

Jump to solution

Hi @Claupatdrv @Loki1,

A warm greeting to the Roku Community!

Thank you for letting us know about the issue you've been experiencing with your Roku device. Please be advised that we have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. We'll get back to you once we have an update.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Shrizzle

Jump to solution

Appreciate it. Would insist on urgency since the device is completely unusable while this issue persists 

0 Kudos
ganzo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

ID 37-220-241

0 Kudos
ganzo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am getting the CriticalSyncAllFailed:-4 error message after the Roku supposedly did a software update and now after acknowledging that it is connected to my wi-fi network it continues to give me that error message and not connect.

Is there anything to do or will it just get fixed by Roku? Do I need to keep returning to this community to look for a fix?

0 Kudos
Loki1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I think the only answer is to do a factory reset.  This seems to fix the issue. 

You should be able to do a factory reset without the Roku even working.  How you do ithe reset is dependent upon want type of Roku you have. 

After you do a reset, you have to set everything up from scratch.

0 Kudos
ganzo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

thanks- mine is a 3800X Streaming Stick. There is a button on the side near the bottom where the USB plug is located. Any info on how to do the reset?

0 Kudos
Loki1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

If it's like mine, push and hold the button for 10 second or so.  The Roku should restart.  First thing you'll have to do is pair the remote.  The screen will show you how to do it.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have completed the factory successfully. Now I am trying to set up my Roku stick and the error message is the one in this thread re: criticalsyncallfailed: -4. The attached photo is my issue report tracker. Unfortunately, we had an accident and broke the tv screen last week too! 

IMG_0919.jpeg

0 Kudos
Jerrica

New Roku: Criticalsyncallfailed: -4

Jump to solution

Just purchased a brand new Roku Express and connected to my wifi ("excellent connection"). As soon as it started downloading it disconnected and showed the following error...

Connection Dropped

There was a problem connecting to the network. (CriticalSyncAllFailed: -4)

I have tried multiple times and have restarted the device and my modem. Is anyone able to help?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New Roku: Criticalsyncallfailed: -4

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users.

Thanks for posting regarding the network connection issue you've encountered.

Please be informed that we're aware of the issue and that our team is reviewing this case closely for further investigation. Rest assured that we are working diligently to address this matter promptly.

In the meantime, we recommend following the troubleshooting steps provided by @RokuJechealR above this thread as a resolution to the issue.

We hope for your patience and understanding regarding this matter.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.