Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobius187
Binge Watcher

How to cast from Windows 10 PC to Roku 4K Streaming Stick

Jump to solution

I recently setup a Roku 4K Streaming Stick on a standard LCD TV, connecting to its HDMI port. No issues using the Roku 4K Streaming Stick to connect to the internet via the home wireless router. What I would like to do is "cast" from my Windows 10 PC to the Roku 4K Streaming Stick. Previously I was able to do so using Google Chromecast via the Google Chrome browser, so I know my PC can send its display via the home wireless router.

However, the only "How To" video I came across mentioned using the Display option, then selecting "Connect to a wireless display". That's all well and good... except I don't have that feature. Or simply what the "How To" video shows is not the same as my Windows 10 o/s shows. For reference, the video was: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Sf2OVjtlQk

My question, is there an official way, similar to casting for Chromecast, that I can download/install on my PC to connect to my Roku device?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to cast from Windows 10 PC to Roku 4K Streaming Stick

Jump to solution

Hello! @Mobius187,

Thanks for your post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you contacting us regarding the capability to cast from your Windows 10 PC to your Roku Streaming device. We are more than happy to assist you with this matter.

How to screen mirror from a Windows 10 computer

Use the following steps to connect your Windows 10 device to your Roku streaming device.

1. From the taskbar on your Windows device, open the Action Center
  2. Select the Connect button
  3. Select your Roku device from the list of wireless display and audio devices to start the connection
  4. Follow the instructions on your Roku device to allow screen mirroring
  • Note: If you are unable to find the Action Center on your Windows device, you can also view the list of wireless display and audio devices from the Settings menu. Go to the Start menu on your Windows device and select Settings > System > Display > Connect to a wireless display.

If you have issues connecting to a wireless display on your Windows device, contact Microsoft support for help.

Once you establish a connection between your Android or Windows device to your Roku streaming device, a screen mirroring request will appear on your TV screen.

For more information, please visit How to Screen Mirror from your phone, tablet, or computer to your Roku streaming device.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Mobius187
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

If anyone has any advice or suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @Mobius187,

Thanks for your post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you contacting us regarding the capability to cast from your Windows 10 PC to your Roku Streaming device. We are more than happy to assist you with this matter.

How to screen mirror from a Windows 10 computer

Use the following steps to connect your Windows 10 device to your Roku streaming device.

1. From the taskbar on your Windows device, open the Action Center
  2. Select the Connect button
  3. Select your Roku device from the list of wireless display and audio devices to start the connection
  4. Follow the instructions on your Roku device to allow screen mirroring
  • Note: If you are unable to find the Action Center on your Windows device, you can also view the list of wireless display and audio devices from the Settings menu. Go to the Start menu on your Windows device and select Settings > System > Display > Connect to a wireless display.

If you have issues connecting to a wireless display on your Windows device, contact Microsoft support for help.

Once you establish a connection between your Android or Windows device to your Roku streaming device, a screen mirroring request will appear on your TV screen.

For more information, please visit How to Screen Mirror from your phone, tablet, or computer to your Roku streaming device.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mobius187
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks for trying to help. To confirm, I apparently have older software as I do not have an Action Center. I followed the older instructions, but alas, I seem to lack "Connect to a wireless device":

Missing.png

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.