Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
williasp
Channel Surfer

Re: Have to reconnect to the internet every time the device powers on

Jump to solution

Interesting.  Anyone else solve the "connect" problem with a "factory reset"?  And by solve, I mean solve for at least ten days or more, not just a day or two.  I've done the "network reset" several times and that only worked for about a day.

0 Kudos
Domamari
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The network reset never worked. The factory reset was since the day I asked the question. I think it’s been a month. It’s back to normal. 

0 Kudos
gretalocklear
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

No.  I have to do it every time I turn on the TV which is totally ridiculous.  If I didn't have two of these TV's mounted on the walls I would throw them away and get a different brand of TV.  Tried the software update also and nothing.

0 Kudos
gretalocklear
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

How do you do a factory reset?  Does that not erase everything in your TV?

0 Kudos
gretalocklear
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same here.  The one in the bedroom started about a month ago and now the one in the living room is doing the same thing.

0 Kudos
gretalocklear
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I tried leaving it on and it turns itself off.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @gretalocklear @Jttcook 

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We understand the issue you are having regarding a network issue, and we're currently aware of this issue as this case is under investigation.

To assist us in investigating this matter further, please provide the following information (if possible):

• Internet Service Provider (ISP): Who do you get your internet service from (e.g., Xfinity, Spectrum)?
  • Router/Modem Brand & Model: What brand and specific model of router and modem do you have?
  • Roku Device Details:
    • Model (e.g., Roku Streaming Stick+ 4K)
    • Serial Number
    • Device ID
    • Software OS/Version (You can find this information under Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID: When the connection drops, press the Home button 5 times followed by the Back button 5 times quickly. This will generate a Tracker ID. Please provide this number if possible.
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

This requested information is essential to our investigation, as our team is working diligently to resolve this matter.

We hope for your response.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
williasp
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I was intrigued by the Factory Reset solution proposed by @Domamari since it seemed to solve his connect problem.  I previously tried my own workaround by plugging in an old Roku stick into the HDMI port of my Phillips Roku TV, then setting the TV to go to the HDMI port when it powers on.  That workaround gave me a working TV since that particular Roku stick never had a connection problem in the past.  However, it seemed ridiculous to plug a Roku stick into a Roku TV.

So yesterday (Sat, July 6), out of curiosity, I did a factory reset of the Phillips Roku TV, connected it to wifi and logged into my Roku account.  Setup was easy peasy, just like the first time I did this when I first installed the TV. 

My TP-Link Deco X68 mesh system has three networks: (1) the main mesh network (currently includes both 2.4G and 5G); (2) guest network (currently set to 2.4G); and (3) IOT network (also currently set to 2.4G).  Based on a prior suggestion from a Roku tech support person several months ago, I connected the TV to the IOT network to make sure the TV only saw 2.4G.  At the moment, nothing else is connected to that IOT network.

It's only been one day so no valid conclusions can be reached.  However, I turned the TV on three times today with several hours in between.  It connected each time.  That's promising, but there's no telling what will happen tomorrow or the next day.  I'll give it a week or two and report back.

Clearly, there is some sort of bug that causes Roku TV's to disconnect and fail to reconnect to wifi.  Hopefully, the Roku people can find the bug and fix it - permanently.

0 Kudos
gretalocklear
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Doesn't a factory reset erase everything?  I do not want to redo all that I have saved on my TV.

Thanks

0 Kudos
TK128
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Ultra Wired Connection Does not Work

Jump to solution

Where is the update to this issue? There are multiple threads in Roku forum that has the same root issue, but Moderators keep asking for information on specs/etc but no update/solution  is given.

If it's a known issue that's being addressed, can you please provide an update to us Roku users please?! Roku issues keep crashing my Verizon router this past MONTH when it went YEARS without any issues. 

Please if you can provide an update or expectations on timing if there's a software upgrade planned (hopefully imminently) that will fix this. 

0 Kudos