Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Error 003 - Can't update software

Jump to solution

Greetings @cfk @dvoyage,

We just wanted to update you and let you know that we've sent you a private message to provide further assistance.

We'll be anticipating your response.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cfk
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

still having the same issue.

network is fine. My other (3) Roku TVs work.

Have not gotten any good advice on a fix. 
will likely have to trash TV and get new.

cfk

0 Kudos
Orginizu
Reel Rookie

Roku Streaming Stick gives error code 003 after successful internet connection during setup

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am trying to setup a Roku Streaming Stick because some channels are no longer supported on Roku 4. Every time I successfully connect to the internet(shows all three check marks), the Roku Streaming Stick immediately returns an error that says that the server could not be reached. I reset the Roku 4 and went through setup there to see if it had the same problem and the setup was successful. I have tried restarting the Roku and the router and it has not made a difference.

0 Kudos
Rmac4200

Re: Roku Streaming Stick gives error code 003 after successful internet connection during setup

Jump to solution

I am having the same exact problem with the same series streaming stick. 

0 Kudos
cfk
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I fixed my TV. One of my four TVs was being blocked by the error system. Don’t know how that was turned on because I never touched the settings, but it was. So I simply unblocked that TV and then was finally able to update the software and it works.
Never give up, never surrender.

Curtainb
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have thr same issue new out of box. 1st time trying to use the device.  Issue I'd 32-301-826.  Internet setup is good and shows connected. Same issue on other network sids and phone hotspots. Sku3800r s/n ct389g455632. Tried all the tips already but did not work. Have setup 2 other roku right before issue without and problem. Reset did not work either. Update server for this model looks to have issues. Please advise. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Curtainb
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Forgot to mention my isp is epb fiber and router is linksys hydra pro 6e. Router was rebooted also.

0 Kudos
crazyteacher200
Reel Rookie

stuck on initial update software on 3800x stick

Jump to solution

I had purchased several 3800x streaming sticks during a black Friday sale several years ago. I had saved one for an extra tv if I ever needed one. Today, I needed to set it up and discovered it will not set up at all because the initial setup update is no longer available for 3800x streaming stick! Help!!!

0 Kudos
IronSharpensIro
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku 3600X Unable to Update Software - Error Code: 003

Jump to solution

Internet Service Provider (ISP): T-mobile

Router/Modem Brand & Model: Nokia 5g

Model Name:HB5GGW

Model Number:FVN2101001B1

Roku Device Details:

Model 3900R

Serial NUMBER 2189031671

Device ID C3389F464337 

Software OS/Version can't get passed setup

If you have a brand new Roku device, and haven't activated it yet, you can see the serial number and model at the back of the device or on the box that it came with.

Tracker ID: 37-302-754

Wifi connects fine but errors on update 003.

I can see and control device via Roku app but can't get passed software update on initial device setup. 

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: stuck on initial update software on 3800x stick

Jump to solution

How far through the setup process have you made it?  Do you get any error messages or codes?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.