Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Animegod
Channel Surfer

Roku constantly disconnecting from internet

I have a problem where my Roku 4 Ultra is suddenly out of the blue randomly or intermittently giving me a message to reconnect to the internet and set up a connection.  If I do nothing, it resolves itself in about 3-4 minutes. However, it is annoying to have this happen 2 to as many as 5 times in an hour while trying to watch a show , video or movie.  This is very recent as in last 2 weeks. Never had an issue and have used Roku since about a dozen years or so ago. Have seen other Roku users have this issue within the last year. So, Roku company knows of this problem! However, they have done ZERO to address it!

Now, I did all the recommended things from Roku Support which is totally useless as the guy was definitely just reading from a script about internet connection problems.  Kept saying my internet was faulty and I need to fix it. TOTAL BS!  It is not my internet connection or Router and I had proof!

I have Fiber Optic with the fastest possible router available out there I do not even have it set for its max speed of 2.5gbps down speed. My gbps is 1.03 down and 800Mbps up! So, not a speed issue! I have a dedicated 24/7 computer not slow poke laptop wired to Router and internet that has has a log of connectivity and signal quality from the internet backbone. I have checked this log against when the Roku says there is a connection problem. The log says no issues. When the Roku is running normally, it says I have excellent everything from Speed to connection and it even reports my connection speed as 1.03gbps.

Needless to say, I am frustrated. I am assuming that this is a code issue with a software update because I think the Roku unit is doing something in the background that is causing the connection to crash. However, It could be something else but I doubt it given others over the last year have had identical issues to my unit.

Any Suggestions from SERIOUS Higher LEVEL Developers or Software Engineers with ROKU?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.