Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wii fii switching over to my Wii fi

Jump to solution
  • So I have my Roku Wi-Fi set to my home internet but it got turned off and I need to hook it up to the hotel I am staying at. How would I change the Wii fii?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Wii fii switching over to my Wii fi

Jump to solution

Hi, @Nikolington9 

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

Thanks for reaching out here in the Roku Community for support regarding connecting your Roku device with a hotel network, and we're here to assist. 

When you are away from home, Hotel and Dorm Connect allows you to stream your favorite movies and TV shows using the internet connection at a hotel or college dorm. Connecting to a public network often requires signing in through a web browser, but with Hotel and Dorm Connect, you can authenticate the connection for your Roku® streaming device from your computer or smartphone.

• Note:
    • Streaming results may vary depending on the connection speed at the hotel or college dorm.
    • Channels and channel content vary by country and may be limited or unavailable while traveling.

After you arrive at your destination and set up your Roku device, initiate and authenticate the connection to the internet using the instructions below.

Initiate the connection

1. Open the Settings menu on your Roku device to initiate the connection.
  2. Press Home on your Roku remote
  3. Scroll and select Settings
  4. Select Network
  5. Select Set up connection
  6. Select Wireless
  7. From the list of available networks, choose the wireless network for the hotel or college dorm. If you do not see the network, select Scan again to see all networks.
  8. After your Roku device connects to the network, select I am at a hotel or college dorm

Authenticate the connection

After the connection is initiated, the remaining steps will appear on the television screen. Complete these steps on your computer or smartphone.

• Note: You have several minutes to authenticate. If the network setup times out, select Try again to initiate the connection again.

After the connection is authenticated, your Roku device will return to the Network menu. The Network name should match the network for the hotel or college dorm, and the Status should say Connected.

For more information, you can visit this support article on How to use Hotel and Dorm Connect to connect to the internet

We hope this helps, and keep us informed if you have further concerns or inquries.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Wii fii switching over to my Wii fi

Jump to solution

Hi, @Nikolington9 

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

Thanks for reaching out here in the Roku Community for support regarding connecting your Roku device with a hotel network, and we're here to assist. 

When you are away from home, Hotel and Dorm Connect allows you to stream your favorite movies and TV shows using the internet connection at a hotel or college dorm. Connecting to a public network often requires signing in through a web browser, but with Hotel and Dorm Connect, you can authenticate the connection for your Roku® streaming device from your computer or smartphone.

• Note:
    • Streaming results may vary depending on the connection speed at the hotel or college dorm.
    • Channels and channel content vary by country and may be limited or unavailable while traveling.

After you arrive at your destination and set up your Roku device, initiate and authenticate the connection to the internet using the instructions below.

Initiate the connection

1. Open the Settings menu on your Roku device to initiate the connection.
  2. Press Home on your Roku remote
  3. Scroll and select Settings
  4. Select Network
  5. Select Set up connection
  6. Select Wireless
  7. From the list of available networks, choose the wireless network for the hotel or college dorm. If you do not see the network, select Scan again to see all networks.
  8. After your Roku device connects to the network, select I am at a hotel or college dorm

Authenticate the connection

After the connection is initiated, the remaining steps will appear on the television screen. Complete these steps on your computer or smartphone.

• Note: You have several minutes to authenticate. If the network setup times out, select Try again to initiate the connection again.

After the connection is authenticated, your Roku device will return to the Network menu. The Network name should match the network for the hotel or college dorm, and the Status should say Connected.

For more information, you can visit this support article on How to use Hotel and Dorm Connect to connect to the internet

We hope this helps, and keep us informed if you have further concerns or inquries.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos