Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Janice22
Reel Rookie

Frozen "unable to connect" screen

Jump to solution

Got new internet service provider. Turned on Roku, tried to find my new network to connect, the Unable to Connect modal is now frozen on my TV. I cannot make a selection (network settings, restart, factory restart) clicking home button doesn't work. All I can do is turn the remote on and off. Unplugged Roku stick from TV, plugged back in, still frozen Unable to connect modal on screen

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Frozen "unable to connect" screen

Jump to solution

Hi @Janice22

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Could you try performing a factory reset using the hardware reset button? To do this, please follow the steps below:

1. On the back or bottom of each Roku device is a reset button. On some devices, there is a tactile button, while other devices have a pinhole button. 
  2. If your device has a pinhole button, you will need a paper clip to perform the factory reset.
  3. Once the reset button is located and your Roku device is powered on, press and hold the reset button firmly for about 10 seconds. The indicator light or status LED will blink rapidly on most Roku devices when the factory reset is complete.

For more information, check out this Support article: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku® streaming device

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Did you press the reset button on the stick or disconnect its power for a few seconds and then plug it back in?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Janice22
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I *did* disconnect it from the TV. Thank you for checking.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Janice22

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Could you try performing a factory reset using the hardware reset button? To do this, please follow the steps below:

1. On the back or bottom of each Roku device is a reset button. On some devices, there is a tactile button, while other devices have a pinhole button. 
  2. If your device has a pinhole button, you will need a paper clip to perform the factory reset.
  3. Once the reset button is located and your Roku device is powered on, press and hold the reset button firmly for about 10 seconds. The indicator light or status LED will blink rapidly on most Roku devices when the factory reset is complete.

For more information, check out this Support article: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku® streaming device

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Janice22
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you! Reset button on the stick worked. Didn't know it was there.

LilianNY

Jump to solution

I have a Roku3 with pinhole reset button.  I pushed a paperclip into it for 10 seconds and it does not reset.  The light on the device and inside my remote's battery compartment continue to blink.  I am using fresh batteries.

I use my device with a projector and we ruled out projector problems because I am able to project with my laptop.  When we try to use Roku with the same projector and the same HDMI cord with correct source, it says "No Signal".  It always worked in the past and for some reason Roku just stopped working.  

Can you please help?  This device does not qualify for agent support with is very frustrating.  I have been a customer for years and have read several help articles.

Thank you.

Lilian

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@LilianNY, your Roku 3 may have just died; it's getting pretty old.  You can try obtaining a new power adapter which may or may not be the problem, but I honestly don't think it's worth the hassle.  One other thing to try is to press and hold the reset button for no less than 30 seconds with the power connected.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Mag607

Jump to solution

Ok rebooted factory settings chose language next screen for pairing shows a button on back of remote to press but there’s no button on my remote

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Mag607

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for posting regarding the issue with your Roku device and we will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue but we need more details.

Here are a few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

• What kind of issue are you experiencing?
  • When did this issue first start occurring?
  • What Roku model device are you using?
  • Are you being prompted with an error message?
  • Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi, my tv screen shows a picture of the back of the remote, showing how to pair it and to hold the button until the light flashes. I hold the button but the green light just stays on. 
I’ve rebooted the Roku device a couple of times and I’ve replaced the batteries in the remote and still nothing. Help!

0 Kudos