Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patti3

Onn Roku Tv will not connect to my internet and stuck in purple screen

Jump to solution

I can't get past the onn.roku tv screen. So how do I do a system reset when I can't get past this.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Onn Roku Tv will not connect to my internet and stuck in purple screen

Jump to solution

Hello! @Patti3,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you contacting us about your Onn Roku TV being stuck on the TV screen and how to reset it. We are pleased to assist.

If you can control your Roku device, you can efficiently perform a factory reset from the Settings menu. If you cannot control your device or it is completely unresponsive, you can perform a factory reset using the physical Reset button on the device.

Using the physical button

Located on the back or bottom of your device, the physical Reset button is either tactile or a pinhole design that requires a straightened paper clip. It will appear similar to one of the following:

Once you locate the Reset button and your Roku device is powered on, press and hold the button firmly for about 10 seconds. When the factory reset is complete, an indicator light or status LED will blink rapidly on most Roku devices.

After a successful factory reset, your Roku device will restart in the same state as a factory-new device and will be ready for you to complete the following:

1. Perform the Guided Setup and activation process
  2. Sign in to streaming channels that require a username and password
  3. Create a 4-digit PIN and configure parental control settings
  4. Perform a broadcast television channel scan (if you have a Roku TV with an HDTV antenna connected)

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Onn Roku Tv will not connect to my internet and stuck in purple screen

Jump to solution

Hello! @Patti3,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you contacting us about your Onn Roku TV being stuck on the TV screen and how to reset it. We are pleased to assist.

If you can control your Roku device, you can efficiently perform a factory reset from the Settings menu. If you cannot control your device or it is completely unresponsive, you can perform a factory reset using the physical Reset button on the device.

Using the physical button

Located on the back or bottom of your device, the physical Reset button is either tactile or a pinhole design that requires a straightened paper clip. It will appear similar to one of the following:

Once you locate the Reset button and your Roku device is powered on, press and hold the button firmly for about 10 seconds. When the factory reset is complete, an indicator light or status LED will blink rapidly on most Roku devices.

After a successful factory reset, your Roku device will restart in the same state as a factory-new device and will be ready for you to complete the following:

1. Perform the Guided Setup and activation process
  2. Sign in to streaming channels that require a username and password
  3. Create a 4-digit PIN and configure parental control settings
  4. Perform a broadcast television channel scan (if you have a Roku TV with an HDTV antenna connected)

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos