Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kelsey3

Roku not connecting to wifi xfinity

I have been getting error code 014.30 on my brand new Roku express 4K+ device for days. The device recognizes the network and the signal strength but won’t connect.

I have no idea how to find what model number my Roku is because the only on-screen options I see are to select a language, and then when I select English, it takes me to the WiFi connection step. I don’t see a settings option anywhere.

I have restarted both the device and the xfinity router, left the device unplugged for hours, and did a factory reset. I followed the step-by-step instructions that a user posted for changing WiFi router settings, but when I try to do that, I don’t see the option to select g/n/b - I only see 802.11 g/n/ax or 802.11 g/n under the mode dropdown menu. Right now it is set to g/n/ax. 

I’m really hoping I don’t have to call xfinity for help because I’m a renter in a house where the router is in another unit and I don’t have access to our xfinity account info. Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku not connecting to wifi xfinity

@Kelsey3 

If you have the Express 4k+, then you have model 3941.

For Roku devices, the compatible protocols are b/g/n/ac.

If you can change the ax mode to ac, you should be able to connect to the 5ghz band of the network.  Basically you need to login to the router and [Edit] the 5ghz band so you can add "ac" to the Wireless Mode.

----

For Xfinity issues the normal troubleshooting includes...

1. Edit the 2.4ghz band so Wireless Mode is set to b/g/n   

2. Edit the 5ghz band so Wireless Mode is set to n/AC/AX  (Roku cannot currently use AX)

3. Change/edit the wifi password to remove any special characters

---

If you need a temporary workaround while working on the above settings, you can connect your phone or laptop to the Xfinity wifi, and then broadcast a "hotspot" so that your Roku device can connect to it and share the wifi.  This method is generally called an ad-hoc hotspot. (you are using the phone/laptop "hotspot" feature to connect the devices, but actually are using your wifi so you do not use your hotspot/mobile data).

https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-mobile-app/Re-Want-to-use-Roku-app-on-Roku-tcl-tv-while-it-is-con...  (for Android devices)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-your-windows-pc-as-a-mobile-hotspot-c89b0fad-72d5-41... (for Windows laptops)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos