Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teamdulin

Express+ will not connect to WiFi network

Our express+ Roku device will not connect to our Wi-Fi network, even though the signal strength is identified as excellent. I have restarted the device several times. I have re-entered the password several times. All to no avail. I know that the network is working as I am using it now on my phone as I typed this message. And in trying to find Support I have found that I cannot use agent support for my express+ Roku device.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
denise2756

Re: Express+ will not connect to WiFi network

I am having the same problem!

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @denise2756 @Teamdulin,

Welcome, and thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We understand you are having a connectivity issue with your Roku device. @denise2756, thanks for the troubleshooting steps you took to resolve the issue.

Please refer to the following questions so we can get a better understanding of the issue you've been experiencing:

• Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to?
  • Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect?
  • Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected?
  • How long have you been experiencing this problem?
  • Are you encountering any error codes or messages? If yes, please let us know.

Moreover, have you tried connecting your Roku device to an alternative wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, for troubleshooting purposes to see if you are still experiencing the same issue?

Also, we recommend checking out our Support page for more steps here: How to connect your Roku streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
robertj3321
Reel Rookie

I'm sorry but your answer ignores the fact that there is nothing wrong with my network. It is fine and up and running. My Roku was working fine. When I turned it back on, it was in Recovery Mode. After entering my information, it says "Can't connect to network" Something is wrong with the unit. My other is working fine in the other room.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @robertj3321,

Thanks for your first post to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are facing a connectivity issue with your Roku device. We want to resolve this as soon as possible, but we need more details. Can you please provide us with the information from the questions posted above?

We'll be eager to wait for your response with the details.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
robertj3321
Reel Rookie

I am having the exact same problem as Teamdulin. Who entered the problem earlier.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @robertj3321,

Thanks for your response!

We are interested in learning more about the problem you are experiencing. May we know:

• What Roku device are you using right now that has an issue? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV)
  • Are you encountering any error codes or messages? If so, please send us a photo.
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?
  • Have you tried to connect your Roku device to an alternative wireless connection, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are still experiencing the same issue?
  • Who is your ISP (internet service provider)?

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Alawren8

Same problem here. Roku TV sees my network and says has excellent strength. Tried all the troubleshooting tips on site. Just won’t connect. All my other devices connected fine

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Alawren8,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for reporting this issue!

We appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have taken so far, but we would like to gather more details to investigate more thoroughly. Can you please provide the information that @RokuJechealR asked for above?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.