Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Streaming Stick 4K Error Code 022

Jump to solution

@OldDood wrote:

I'm not sure where the "PM" app is on their website other than the chat

That’s odd that they would email a request for a PM (as opposed to emailing a request for email or PMing a request for a PM, so you could just reply.)  But to PM someone, click on their user name in a forum post and on the right side, you should find a purple “Send this user a private message” button.  Hopefully the email makes clear who you’re supposed to send the PM to!

Or click on the icon that looks like an envelope, that’s usually in the upper right, and then click in the little purple compose button.

Then again, I wonder if they didn’t mean private message in a more generic way, and you can just reply to the email…  maybe do both?

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Marrisdj
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have now initiated a return with Amazon via their chat service. Issue resolved in 2 minutes by agreeing a free return and refund - heard nothing from Roku in well over a week.

Spot the difference in Customer Service!!!!!!!

I think the replacement will have to be a Firestick.

0 Kudos
tankerbob

Jump to solution

I bought 3 from Amazon. Only 2 of them worked. Unfortunately I am past the 30 day return as we just moved and sold our old home. I did get the third one to work by exchanging a workin LRWR cable. The stick works fine. This whole 022 error appears to be with the cable not the stick. I also tried the cable on a working set and it failed there. So it has to be the cable. Can I get a new cable?

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @tankerbob,

An enthusiastic welcome from the Roku community!

Thank you for reaching out to us. We're happy to help.

We are sorry to hear about the issue you reported and want to let you know that this is not the normal experience we expect from our products.

No worries; we have passed along your information to our support team to process a cable replacement for you and to assist you further.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TomHolland
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi RokuAdjiemar,

Nice note but a recall would be more appropriate.  As a contractor who used the Roku Streaming Stick exclusively, I've given up on it in favor of the less expensive Express 4K+.  I won't trust the Streaming Stick 4K until Roku admits they have a bad batch, identifies the serial number sequence and offers a speedy turn around for bad units.

What is wrong with this company?  So disappointing!!!

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@TomHolland,

Thanks for the post,

Oh no! Sorry to hear. If you're having an issue with your Roku streaming stick, we can look into this for you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Awhalen6952
Reel Rookie

“Wireless Receiver not detected”

Jump to solution

Is there a fix to this?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: “Wireless Receiver not detected”

Jump to solution

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @Awhalen6952!

We'd be glad to be of assistance regarding the Wireless Receiver concern you are currently experiencing. 

Before we proceed, we need to gather further information from you. This includes:

• Are there any error messages prompted on your screen?
  • What Roku player are you having this issue with? 

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than eager to find you with the best resolution possible. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Awhalen6952
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thank you. Yes error 22 then says the wireless receiver is not detected. Brand new Roku streaming stick 4k purchased at Walmart. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@Awhalen6952,

Thanks for the update!

We will be able to provide more help for this issue. I sent you a PM for more assistance.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.