Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 003 - Can't update software

Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes I tried resetting the router and tried different internet connections.
The default response for this issue does not work for me.

My situation is a little different, I believe.
This is a Roku Ultra that I bought years ago (like 10 years ago maybe).
This is the first time I'm hooking it up to a TV.
My best guess is that the internal CA certificates are expired, and the device is unable to pull down the software update (can't establish a TLS connection).

The device is able to connect to the Wifi, get an IP address, and verify the internet connection.

Is there a way to install the firmware update via a USB stick?
This is not a Roku TV.
I need the update software for a Roku Ultra.

Thank you,
Chris

0 Kudos
rickoneguy

Error 003 - Can't update software

Jump to solution

I cannot install my Roju box, it gives me the 003 error. The only response to this from Roku is to adress the router but that is NOT the problem. The problem is with Roku, please tell me when you will address and fix this please.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Error 003 - Can't update software

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We appreciate you posting in the Roku Community about your experience with your Roku device having trouble connecting to your home network and getting an error code of 003.

• Can you confirm if you are trying to set up the Roku device for the first time?

Please follow the basic troubleshooting steps here to get up and streaming:

1. Power cycle the Roku device.
  2. Power cycle the internet router.
  3. Network connection reset.
  4. Connect using a mobile hotspot.

If you continue to have trouble, please reference our helpful FAQ article here. This page will provide common concerns, troubleshooting, error codes, and recommended actions.

If the troubleshooting steps don't resolve the issue, please provide the following details when the problem occurs:

• When the problem happens, quickly hit Home five times, then Back five times to take a picture of the Tracker ID, serial number/device ID, and software OS/version of your Roku device.

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.