Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Device keeps shutting down and disconnecting from Wi-Fi

This is very similar to my problem. I've had to reboot the Ruko app/device about 3 dozen times since last evening at 8:15 pm mst. This morning, the whole process is happening again.

We get booted out of our program, we go to network settings, the wifi is working fine, but Roku can't connect. So after waiting for Roku to find my wireless connection, and can't, it asks if I'd like to reboot the Roku device. That fixes the problem! But it only last for 1/2 hour to 3/4 of an hour and it boots us out of the program, again. "Rinse and repeat!" The same process over, and over, and over again.

How can this be fixed? 

26 REPLIES 26
Ilmare
Reel Rookie

Re: Device keeps shutting down and disconnecting from Wi-Fi

I think I’ve been having a similar issue. As of day before yesterday, the mobile app started shutting down as soon as it launched. 

I updated the app and power cycled. It started but just spins and never completely launches. I updated iOS and uninstalled and reinstalled and same symptom. 

I uninstalled and reinstalled again after getting all updates left done: same symptom. I uninstalled and reinstalled again with no change. So, I reached out to support.

I was asked to do the same thing again… this time removing the app, forget the network and then power cycle - order of operation. 

Prior to this I did hav e a similar symptom of the app disconnecting from my Wi-Fi.

Wifi works. At this point it is not the Roku, the app should launch on its own. 

Can the devs look at this? 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Anonymous @Ilmare 

Thank you for reaching us here at the Roku Community!

We recognize that you are having network issues with your Roku streaming device/app and we're here to find you the best resolution.

Kind provide us the following details below so that we will be able to pass this along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software version/OS (Settings > System > About).
  • brand, model, and OS of your mobile device
  • Roku mobile app version
  • steps to reproduce the issue
  • when did you start seeing this issue occur

We're looking forward to hear from you and we'd more than happy to continue assisting you. 

Thanks,

Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Amethyst67

Model: 3941X-Roku Express 4K+

Serial number: X01600422M9X

Device ID: S07P21A22M9X

Software Version: 12.0.0• build 4184-CR

0 Kudos
Ilmare
Reel Rookie

Not helpful.

Ilmare
Reel Rookie

Hello Carly,

Phone

• Apple
  • iPhone 6s Plus
  • iOS 15.76

App

• Roku App (Official)
  • V9.4.0 
  • released 1week ago

Roku Device

• 4660X2
  • CX4892763649
  • TC2-R1016
  • cannot obtain - No Remote

Steps to reproduce?

Launch the app. it never completes its launch.

When did it start?

About one week ago, June 1, 2023 roughly. 

——

There is nothing wrong with my Roku box. It is working I cannot navigate the menu because I do not have the original remote. I have been using the Roku mobile app for a long time without issue as my replacement.

one day I launch the app and it never fully Launched. Prior to that I would periodically have the same problem if the app not connecting to Wi-Fi like the OP. 

0 Kudos
Ilmare
Reel Rookie

@RokuCarly 

I responded with my information but it did not post.

0 Kudos
Lavette51
Reel Rookie

Ruko keep shutting down. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi community users, 

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details.

• Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rae1063

Model 4800X

SN X010002VFGP1 (S02A219VFGP1)

Software 12.0.0 Build 4184-C2

GC Version 9.3.516

Timestamp 2023-06012T20:54:52Z

Issue ID P1-234-534

Streaming any app on new Samsung 7000C smart tv. App plays for 3-5 minutes then Roku disconnects and says not connected to internet. I check settings. wireless has excellent reception. Have reset network twice, still happens. Have turned off Roku, restarted Roku, same thing happens.

If I do nothing Roku takes about 3 minutes then reconnects

0 Kudos