Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mklb492
Reel Rookie

3810X Error 006 even after Factory Reset

My Streaming Stick 3810X SN:215029110548 Stopped working on me
It started not loading apps and when I went to try and update it I got error 006.
I've tried all the troubleshooting.

Restarting the Stick.

Removing power from the stick.

Restarting the router.

I've tried using my phone as a hotspot.

I've tried 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz.

4 different routers.

I've taken it to 2 different family members homes to try and get it to update.

I finally factory reset it and now it sits here useless as when I put in the network password it tries to update and give me error 006

I've tried posting about this once before but the reply button to get back to @ RokuJechealR never showed up on my original post.
Some additional info.
The reset has been attempted with Spectrum internet, Verizon internet, and Google Fiber internet.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: 3810X Error 006 even after Factory Reset

Hello! @mklb492,

Thanks for your post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you contacting us regarding the issue with updating the software on your Roku device and the error code 006. Thank you for trying some troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. We are pleased to help.

Is this the first time you have experienced this issue? When did it start?

This error code usually indicates that the update failed because of verification failure. For troubleshooting steps, visit our Support page here: What should I do if my Roku® device cannot update software?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, 

please provide us with the following information:
  • Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Who is your ISP (internet service provider)?
  • Where are you located?

Once we have this information, we will pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.
In the meantime, your patience and understanding is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos