Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Ultra connectivity issue

I purchased my Roku Ultra Jan. of 2022.

This Roku has Wifi and a RJ45, so I had a choice as for internet delivery.

The 1st year and a half THIS was a great product.

Fast forward, 6 months ago, my Roku started its buffering, very bad, and randomly.

Sometimes so bad , it is unwatchable. For many months, I researched/ try to fix THIS problem here and other forums. With no solution, but many excuses from Roku.

My internet has great speeds. It come into my Modem/Router combo, 1 cable goes computer, other goes to my Roku. I installed a Ping Plotter on both, and Got VERY different readings.

I changed my setup from Hardwired to Wifi and this got worst.

I have tested my small network many times. THIS IS A ROKU PROBLEM.

ROKU, STOP lying to people and fix YOUR problem!

Stop making excuses and fix your problem!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra connectivity issue

Hello! @Pissoffcustomer,

Thank you for your post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you contacting us regarding the buffering issues with your Roku Ultra. We are happy to help.

• How many devices are currently connected to your network?
  • Can your other devices connect to the network without any issues or latency?
  • Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider?

Troubleshooting steps

1. Power cycle the Roku device for 30 seconds
  2. Restart the router
  3. You can perform a Network Connection Reset on your Roku device by navigating to Settings>Advanced system settings>Network connection reset>Reset connection.
    • Note: Before doing make sure that you know your WiFi credentials. 
  4. Connect the Roku device back to the internet.

You can connect your streaming device to a mobile hotspot as a temporary workaround to ensure that it is not experiencing an issue.

If the issue is resolved when connecting to your mobile hotspot, please get in touch with your internet service provider for further assistance.

If the issue persists, please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Who is your ISP (internet service provider)
  • Where are you located?

Once we have this information, we will pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.
In the meantime, your patience and understanding is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos