Using your smart home devices

Learn to set up your smart devices in your Roku house. Discover how to use Roku with your home assistant, find troubleshooting tips, and get community advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beloved11
Reel Rookie

Camera detection not working correctly

Why does my camera send me constant notifications of my vehicle when it’s parked but won’t notify me when it’s moving?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Camera detection not working correctly

Hi @Beloved11,

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are not getting notifications from your Roku Smart home app when your vehicle is moving. No worries, we would be more than willing to help.

Use the steps below to choose the motion events that trigger a notification. If you have a Roku Outdoor Camera SE, the next section describes some additional steps.

How to choose your notifications:

1. Select your device from the Home screen
  2. Tap Settings in the corner
  3. Select Notifications
  4. Expand Motion events
  5. All events are checked by default. Uncheck any that should no longer trigger a notification. Choosing to only be notified for personal events, as seen in the example below, can reduce your notifications by as much as 70%.

Choosing only person events can reduce notifications by as much as 70 percent

If you ever want to change your notification preferences, you can easily repeat the steps above and re-check any event.

Roku Outdoor Camera SE

To choose the motion events for your Roku Outdoor Camera SE, use the instructions below.

1. Perform steps 1 through 3 above
  2. Toggle on Smart detection events. You may also want to toggle off All motion events to avoid seeing alerts for inadvertent events like tree branches blowing in the wind.

Toggle on smart detections and toggle off all motion events

1. Return to the main Settings menu
  2. Select Event recordings
  3. Tap Smart detection events
  4. Toggle off any event types you do not wish to receive notifications for. Choosing only person events as seen below can reduce notifications by as much as 70%.

Choose only person evetns on your outdoor camera to see 70% less notifications

For reference, you can visit our Roku Support article: How to use smart detection for your Roku Smart Home camera or video doorbell.

Please let us know if the issue persists. We would be more than willing to help.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.