Using your smart home devices

Learn to set up your smart devices in your Roku house. Discover how to use Roku with your home assistant, find troubleshooting tips, and get community advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oakende
Channel Surfer

Are Roku Smart Home Devices "Matter" Enabled?

Are Roku Smart Home devices Matter enabled?  Most manufactures and all of the big brands are manufacturing their home automation devices in accordance with "Matter" the will seamless integrate all systems together and make installation , usability and functionality complete and easy.

I have had a home automation system of some sort/degree for nearly 20 years.  I've had WInk, Vera, Hubitat and SmartThings.  The biggest problem I've had is getting new devices to connect to the system, until now.  I discovered "Matter" enabled devices.  I read about the protocol and searched for some Matter devices.   found a few and bought them to see if the thing really works.  I was amazed.  It was so easy to connect, Just open an app, scan a QR code and boom! it's done.  I hope everyone go to Matter Enabled protocols on their devices, I just can't believe how easy it was.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.