Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Zoomed in screen, I’ve tried everything

@Vivwolsk @Brandiecoo73 It's not the Roku. No Roku player since the Express+ (last offered in 2017-18) has any settings to adjust the zoom/aspect ratio of the displayed image, and even that Roku simply allowed selecting a 16:9 or 4:3 display, not any zoom controls. When you say you've done a factory reset with no change, that's simply more proof the Roku has nothing to do with it. Connect your Roku to a different TV and I'm certain you'll see a normal image.

Only the TV itself has the ability to zoom in the displayed image. Look on your TV remote for a button labeled Aspect Ratio, Image, Zoom, or some other wording.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Lisymo

Mine is the same way and when factory reset doesn't work what will? Absolutely nothing. I will NEVER buy a Roku TV again. I spent all that money for nothing because the TV is unwatchable 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Lisymo

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community.

We'd like to gather more information regarding this issue that you've experienced so we can identify the actions to proceed and help. Could you please send us an image of your screen referring to the issue? Also, may we know what specific brand is your Roku TV?

The more details, the better we can assist. All the best,
Kash 

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Lisymo this discussion is about Roku players, not the TVs. If you have a zoomed in screen, there's a setting you need to change. I don't have a Roku TV in front of me right now, so I can't walk you through the display settings. But that's all it is. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.