Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tmumm1

Re: YouTubeTv app constantly buffering

Jump to solution

Have there been any solutions to this problem. It is clearly a roku problem as the same issues do not occur when watching from phone or laptop. Cannot fast forward any recorded programs or watch "key plays" from sporting events with the spinning buffering wheel. This is extremely frustrating as the only reason for youtube tv is to watch recorded programs and sporting events. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Tmumm1

Welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand that you are having an issue with the YouTube TV channel on your Roku device, and we'd like to gather more details for our team to review this issue further. Can you please provide the requested information I have posted above this thread?

Once we gather these details, our team will be able to review and investigate the issue further. A resolution will be updated once our team has worked on the issue.

We hope for your response regarding this matter.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
briggins
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm experiencing the same problem. After ruling out my router, download speeds and YouTube TV, I checked the software version on our Roku Ultra and saw that it was updated to 13.1.4 on July 30 , which is about when I first started noticing the buffering issues. At this point I'm hoping Roku takes note of the messages on their forum and fixes the problem with a (hopefully quick) update.

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, @briggins.

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're having with YouTube. Rest assured that we are dedicated to resolving this problem so you can resume streaming as soon as possible. 

What specific troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue? Do you also encounter the same problem with other channels? Also, kindly send us a photo of the problem you're currently experiencing. 

In addition, we need additional information to proceed with the investigation and review all the possible options available:

•  Serial number and device ID. (these can all be found in Settings >System >About.)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Channel build version (Highlight the app, then press the Star * button on your Roku remote)

We are looking forward to your response and looking closely into this issue. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SK-Pete
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Dear @RokuEmmanuel-D why should anyone collect tracker IDs.  Here are all the ones I have been sending you and I get no response.  Why are you wasting our time. Please post the results of my tracker ID investigations before asking other people. 

79-305-987

79-303-831.

79-299-357

46-299-225

79-313-437

0 Kudos
SK-Pete
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Please tell me the results of your investigation of my tracker IDs.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for providing the requested information, @SK-Pete 

We'll forward the details to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. This will be reviewed, and an update will be posted in this thread.

We hope for your patience and understanding as we work on this.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
briggins
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Uninstalling the YouTube TV app, restarting the Roku and reinstalling the app appears to have fixed the problem. For now.

Thanks for the follow up.

SK-Pete
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Again, why do you ask me to give you a bunch of bug report and then totally ignore them.  What is wrong with your customer service?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.