Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mross1964
Channel Surfer

Unable to log in to Sirius XM thru Roku

Jump to solution

SiriusXM works on other tvs in home.  Will not move past logon screen - saying I am signed in - because the ROKU account email is not recognized, but I can use it to logon to this screen!

Been working on this issue for several days and no one to call (only community board).....poor customer service.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: SiriusXM app will not log in one one of 3 tvs

Jump to solution

Hi @mross1964,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're experiencing issues with your SiriusXM channel and we're here to help you fix them with these recommended steps:

• Uninstalling the channel: Highlight it, hit the * button, and select "remove."
  • Network reset: From your Roku home screen, head to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Network connection reset
  • Restart the device: Quickly restart your TV by unplugging it and plugging it back in. This should help clear out any temporary cache or data-related issues.
  • Reinstall the channel: by hitting the home button on your Roku remote, scrolling and selecting "Store", and then adding the channel from there.

Note: ensure that your Roku device is connected to a stable internet connection. You can check this by navigating to Settings > Network > Check Connection on your Roku device. If your connection seems unreliable, consider restarting your router or contacting your internet service provider for help.

For additional troubleshooting tips, visit our support page for guidance on resolving channel playback issues

If you're still facing the issue after following these steps, we suggest SiriusXM contact the support team directly for further assistance. Please be advised that most of the channels on the Roku platform are created and maintained by the channel providers.

Thank you for your cooperation!

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
mross1964
Channel Surfer

SiriusXM app will not log in one one of 3 tvs

Jump to solution

Brought in another tv with Roku Ultra - used at a different location - worked fine.  Now SiriusXM app is not letting me access it - does not recognize my Roku subscription????  Please help.

Rebooted system

checked for updates

removed and reinstalled app before and after each process.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unable to log in to Sirius XM thru Roku

Jump to solution

You don't use your Roku account to sign in; you use whatever credentials you've established with SiriusXM.  Can you log into their site?  Whatever you use there is what you'd use to sign into their app.

Now if you started a subscription on your Roku device and you're paying through Roku, things are different.  You shouldn't have to sign in on any Roku device that's linked to the same Roku account.

It may not be obvious, but Roku isn't responsible for the SiriusXM app and the vast majority of other apps on the Roku platform.  If you're having a problem with their app, you should contact them:

https://www.siriusxm.com/contactus

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
mross1964
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

hello...

I currently have a SiriusXM subscription and use it without issue on 3 other tvs in my home.  This tv was at another location and I'm trying to get it setup to my residence.  I can log on to the SiriusXM app, however it takes me to a screen that says I can sign up for a free trial of 3 months or the drop down selection is to Restore my account.  The bottom right has a line that says SIGN OUT so my credentials are still good with SiriusXM - after several phone calls to make sure it wasn't their issue.

I'm struggling that I've never seen the email address is not connected to your ROKU account.  This is where the problem is - even tho I only have one email address.

The tv and Roku device have both been restarted, uninstalled, re-installed, etc.  

Thank you for responding.....

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

I use the SXM channel/app on my Roku without a problem. When you say you are logging into the SXM app, do you mean on your Roku or on a phone or other device? It's been so long since I've logged into the app on my Roku I can't recall the steps needed. If you see Log Out on the screen (again I'm referring to the app on the Roku) I suggest you log out, then remove the SXM app from your Roku. Then you MUST reboot the Roku to ensure it was completely removed. Don't skip this. Pull the power for 30 seconds on the Roku to make sure. Then after it reboots you can install the app/channel again and you should be able to use your SXM credentials (again, not your Roku user credentials. Even though it might be the same email address it likely uses a different password). That should get you into your SXM user account.

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @mross1964,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're experiencing issues with your SiriusXM channel and we're here to help you fix them with these recommended steps:

• Uninstalling the channel: Highlight it, hit the * button, and select "remove."
  • Network reset: From your Roku home screen, head to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Network connection reset
  • Restart the device: Quickly restart your TV by unplugging it and plugging it back in. This should help clear out any temporary cache or data-related issues.
  • Reinstall the channel: by hitting the home button on your Roku remote, scrolling and selecting "Store", and then adding the channel from there.

Note: ensure that your Roku device is connected to a stable internet connection. You can check this by navigating to Settings > Network > Check Connection on your Roku device. If your connection seems unreliable, consider restarting your router or contacting your internet service provider for help.

For additional troubleshooting tips, visit our support page for guidance on resolving channel playback issues

If you're still facing the issue after following these steps, we suggest SiriusXM contact the support team directly for further assistance. Please be advised that most of the channels on the Roku platform are created and maintained by the channel providers.

Thank you for your cooperation!

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mross1964
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you...did the network connection restart - nothing changed.

After getting the app loaded, I get this message - Get closer to what moves you - Try free for 3 months or below it - I already have SiriusXM.

By choosing the bottom button, I get the option of logging in with computer/mobile using a code or remote with email address (autofill).  If using the code, I get to the screen that shows I'm logged in, however, it returns to the above message, with restart subscription.  It won't go to the next screen, stating that  'We can't find an active subscription associated with your Roku Channel Store ID....

Thank you for your input.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@mross1964, just checking, this TV that you've relocated to your house - is it linked to the same Roku account as your other Roku devices?  The email address that's displayed under Settings->System->About exactly matches on all of your devices?

I don't know if it would help and I only recommend it as a last resort, but you may want to try factory resetting the TV and starting over.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mross1964
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

After all the resetting, powering down and uninstalling, I switched to using a tablet instead of my phone and so far, two of the affected tv's now open SIRIUSXM! Simple fix that took weeks to discover.

Hope this saves someone else the time.  I can now stream from tv's as previously mentioned.  

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.