Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Els1

Thursday Night Football on Amazon Prime did not steam properly on ROKU players

I have tried other channels, and they all work fine. The only thing that does not work is prime video on the Roku.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Pschutti
Reel Rookie

Re: Thursday Night Football on Amazon Prime did not steam properly on ROKU players

Had this issues 2 weeks running, and looks like it was a problem last year, too.

It seems very apparent that this is a Roku-Amazon problem. Other Amazon feeds of the game are fine and other streams on Roku at rhe same time are fine.

Is Roku silent on this?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Thursday Night Football on Amazon Prime did not steam properly on ROKU players

Hi @Pschutti,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We regret to hear about this issue when accessing Amazon Prime Video and for the inconvenience this has caused.

We'd like to learn more about this behavior, and could you tell us more about this? Are you seeing any error messages? What are the issues you're experiencing when accessing it? Is it a playback issue on the channel itself or a content issue you're having with? What troubleshooting steps have you done so far so we can suggest the appropriate next steps?

Tell us more about it so that we can further zoom in on it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pschutti
Reel Rookie

Thanks for contacting me.

This issue has happened the last two weeks trying to watch Thursday Night Football through Amazon prime on a TCL Roku TV (and I think last year as well)

There are no error messages, just extremely pixelated picture particularly when there's movement in the picture. When action slows down, the picture improves, suggesting it's a bandwidth issue.  However I can switch to other streams on the same TV, or watch the game via a firetv stick on another TV and don't have this problem.

Amazon Prime Video is fine other times as well.
0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

If you need to resolve the picture quality issue. You have to restart your TV from the system menu. I have had to do this action last year, but not this year yet.

0 Kudos
Pschutti
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the tip.

Tried it tonight, no improvement. The game is basically unwatchable.

Still only issues with football on Amazon Prime, and still only on Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @Pschutti.

In some cases, rebooting the channel might help. Kindly do this by following the correct sequence (Remove channel > Restart device > Add channel). Also, to improve resolution, you can refer to this support article for help on how to improve picture quality. Alternatively, during playback, click on the Star button on the remote to check for more picture settings.

Let us know if this helps.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos