Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pigzX1128

Re: Netflix Crashing on Roku and TV not responding 2024

These issues happen every time the Netflix ap is accessed.. the only time it doesn’t freeze &&crash is if the show you want to watch is accessible from the very first opening of the app((as in it’s listed first & right away on your list// ie:you can see it’s thumbnail icon when NetFlix opens)) if you have to search it will freeze & eventually crash over & over or if you have to scroll it will freeze several times. But if you can get to your show from the first opening & only click/make selections like 2-3 times it will play fine most of the time. But if you have to pause ; ff; rwd; search or scroll through episodes it’s over && it will freeze or crash or both. When it freezes it’s usually all sound & picture stops or the screen will freeze for 15-45sec then either drop back to the show//episode “details” section; Netflix home; or the Tv main menu.. or it will freeze start stop pause a couple times then go black & the tv led will flash several times then the tv reboots it’s self. I have a TCL 4Kuhd RokuSmartTV 2022 series 4 if that helps!! ((We have 2 and they both do this!!)) like I said before this is only on Netflix everything else works extremely well!! Disney+& Hulu will freeze every now &then but nothing else ever crashes like Netflix!!

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @pigzX1128,

We are delighted to welcome you with open arms to the Roku Community!

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties playing Netflix on your Roku device, and we are here to help.

Please provide us with the following information requested by @RokuMary-F. Once we have this information, we will pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @KeithN,

A heartfelt welcome from the Roku Community!

Thank you for contacting us regarding the issue with Netflix. We are happy to assist you with resolving it.

We understand that you may be facing some issues, and we would like to help you however possible. To do so, we may need some additional information from you. Would you mind sharing with us the following details being asked by @RokuMary-F  so we can investigate the matter further and offer you a resolution that meets your needs?

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KeithN
Reel Rookie

Hi,

Are there any updates with the ongoing Netflix/Roku Tv app response issues that have not been corrected with suggested resolutions/resets?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @KeithN,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about this and we appreciate you for sharing your report on this playback issue.

Please be aware that this is currently under investigation. In addition, we'll need your help with this.

Kindly share with us the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Channel version

We'll be looking forward to your update.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
2therock
Channel Surfer

Again with the same Robot canned response.

LG C2 55" OLED | Pioneer VSX-LX505 AVR | ROKU | Chromecast | XUMO
0 Kudos
Kkelly438

DM: 65s517

Serial: ys0010633384

DID: FU2861633384

tracker/Issue ID: 84-102-452

Netflix version 5.1 Build 120079003

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kkelly438,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you providing these details. We'd like to know more about your experience on Netflix so we can better understand the issue that you're having. Please provide us with more details.

Kindly try to remove the app, restart the system, and add the app again to see if the issue persists.

We are eager to hear from you and investigate this matter further. Thank you!

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                  Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
2therock
Channel Surfer

I admit I posted some pages back I thought I had it fixed. But not.

I have however found if I do not stop playback with any other method than the pause button, then use the arrow keys to back frame or skip forward I have no problems. If I just use the arrow keys to forward or reverse the hangs begin.

Every other product I use is not effected by this. And its only on Netflix. I can do the arrowing moves on any other provider with no hangs.

LG C2 55" OLED | Pioneer VSX-LX505 AVR | ROKU | Chromecast | XUMO
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.