Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RustyandGayla
Reel Rookie

Streambar always having to reboot

My Streambar continually gets slower and slower, until it will not load the content. You can power it off and let it reboot and it works ok for a day or so then the same thing starts again. I stream YouTubeTV, Amazon Prime, Netflix, ESPN and all channels do the same thing eventually. Really getting old. The Streambar was purchased in July of 2022, way too much money to only last a year. 

Looking for some help?

6 REPLIES 6
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Streambar always having to reboot

Hi @RustyandGayla,

Thank you for sharing the experience you have had with this concern. We understand the issue you're running into with your device. We'll do our best to help.

Since you have mentioned multiple channels not working on your device, it could be a sign of network issues. Have you tried to reboot your router and re-set up your device's network connection? This support article here will guide you on how to do it. If this does not make any difference, kindly try to use an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, and observe a difference in the streaming experience.

If the issue persists, please inform us so we can continue assisting.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RustyandGayla
Reel Rookie

I have rebooted the router and done everything I can think of. Our othe devices have zero issues. Just the Streambar. 

0 Kudos
RustyandGayla
Reel Rookie

As I am typing this the tv has the circle of death going on. Looks like it is time to turn the Streambar off, let it reboot so it will finish loading. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for your prompt response, @RustyandGayla!

We'd be more than happy to see what we can provide here. Could you please share with us the device serial number? We'd like to take a closer look.

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RustyandGayla
Reel Rookie

SN: 2A11AA592646

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RustyandGayla,

Thanks for keeping us updated here in the Roku Community!

Please be advised that we have passed along the information you provided to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. Once we have available updates, we'll make sure to update this Community thread.

We hope to get everything sorted out soon, and we appreciate your patience with us in the meantime.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.