Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Screen sudden turned green while watching

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @Kirbster 

We appreciate you letting us know about this.

We understand you are having problems with your Roku device, which shows a green screen. We would be happy to look further into this issue. May we have the following details:

1. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, may we know what channel is affected?
  2. Does the green screen happen on the Roku home screen without accessing any channel?
  3. Photo of the running issue. This will serve as our sample and reference for the running issue.

For our last resort, kindly perform a factory reset on your TV. 

If the issue persists after the reset, please inform us as soon as you can.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kirbster
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuJanadeeK @RokuEuniceL @RokuJohnB 

The issue randomly happens regardless of what streaming channel we are watching. However it started off with ITVX.

The green screen can happen either whilst watching a programme or when coming out of the streaming app, either via the back button or the home button.

When the issue happens again I will send over a picture of the screen purely being green 

Can I ask why you are suggesting to factory reset the TV opposed to the Streambar? As I mentioned previously I have ruled out the issue being the TV as I can replicate it when connected the Streambar to an alternative device.

I'm clearly not the first person to have this issue with a Roku device, but unable to find a common fix.

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for the active response, @Kirbster.

We appreciate this detail. For clarification purposes, could you provide us with the Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)? Kindly send only the details of those devices that have been affected by this issue.

We're eager to get to the bottom of this concern.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kirbster
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuJanadeeK @RokuEuniceL @RokuJohnB 

Model: 9102EU - Roku Streambar

Serial Number: YL00FE073353

Software version: 12.5.5 build 4174-95

Device ID: 2E108F073353

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for this information, @Kirbster.

We're happy to continue assisting.

Just to confirm, have you already tried the Roku streambar on a different TV (a non-Roku-powered one) and are getting the same display issue? Could you tell us all the troubleshooting steps you have taken so far? Last but not least, could you also provide us with this detail?

• Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

We sincerely appreciate your cooperation and patience in dealing with this one. We're hoping for your response.

Best regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kirbster
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuJanadeeK @RokuEuniceL 

Hi, trouble shooting steps that I have taken.

1 replaced the HDMI cable

2 used different hdmi port within TV

3 ensured both TV and Roku firmware/software is updated.

4 used Roku Streambar on a different TV.

The issue has just happened again whilst using Amazon Prime Video and it happened as soon as the programme got to the end credits.

I carried out the commands as requested and although the Streambar acknowledged the remote via the sound's coming from the Streambar I am unable to get you the tracker id as all I have on screen, is a screen of green.

I have a photo

1000012945.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for the added information, @Kirbster.

No worries! We will coordinate this with the relevant Roku team so they can further investigate your Roku Streambar and find you the best resolution possible. 

Once we've been notified of updates from the team, we will make sure to post them on this thread. 

In the meantime, we request your patience as we work on this and also, appreciate your cooperation as we gather further information from you.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Has there been a resolution to this? I have started having issues as well 

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Fleffylee28.

Thanks for your first post here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you flagging this. Rest assured, we'll get you back to streaming quickly.

Firstly, as we try to understand where this problem is coming from, additional information is needed to gain an in-depth insight into your concern.

Let us know about...

• When did you start noticing this issue?
  • What specific device is affected?
  • Is it on all channels or only on a specific channel? If on a specific channel, can you please tell us which channel has a green screen? 
  • What troubleshooting have you tried so far?
  • Did you receive any recent updates? If so, please provide the latest software version of your Roku. 
  • A photo of the incident is highly appreciated.

By providing us with these details, we can begin the investigation. 

We are anticipating your prompt response. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Marchese2

Re: Screen sudden turned green whilep watching

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.