Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baraga

Roku stic hook up to my television.won’t let me do chanels

Jump to solution

Before power went out I had no problem.

that is with living room TV. The TV for the 

other room Roku works fine?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku stic hook up to my television.won’t let me do chanels

Jump to solution

Hi @Baraga, thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We are aware that you are experiencing an issue with your Roku stick, and we are here to provide further assistance. As an initial step, you may consider trying the suggestions provided by @Melody242. This involves the following troubleshooting steps.

• Ensure that your device is securely connected to your TV via HDMI, powered correctly, and set to the correct input.
  • Try to unplug the Roku stick for 10 seconds and then plug it back in.
  • Try using a different HDMI port or a different power outlet. 

image.png

If the problem continues, we suggest connecting the Roku stick to a different TV to see if that helps.

Please give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Melody242

Jump to solution

Hello,

@Baraga aarpmahjonggwrote:

Before power went out I had no problem.

that is with living room TV. The TV for the 

other room Roku works fine?

Your Roku stick might have issues due to a power outage. Check if it's securely connected to your TV via HDMI, powered correctly, and your TV is set to the right input. If problems persist, try unplugging the Roku stick for 10 seconds, then plug it back in. Check for software updates and ensure your TV is compatible. If the issue continues, try connecting the Roku stick to a different TV to isolate the problem.

RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Baraga, thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We are aware that you are experiencing an issue with your Roku stick, and we are here to provide further assistance. As an initial step, you may consider trying the suggestions provided by @Melody242. This involves the following troubleshooting steps.

• Ensure that your device is securely connected to your TV via HDMI, powered correctly, and set to the correct input.
  • Try to unplug the Roku stick for 10 seconds and then plug it back in.
  • Try using a different HDMI port or a different power outlet. 

image.png

If the problem continues, we suggest connecting the Roku stick to a different TV to see if that helps.

Please give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.