Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuspectResidue
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku cannot launch any streaming services but internet otherwise working

Jump to solution

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, none of these recommendations worked. It appears that my home network cannot connect to some Roku services. For example, I can't update or remove apps, I also can't connect to the update services. I'm not filtering or blocking anything on my home network - at least not intentionally.

The only thing that has worked has been connecting to a mobile hotspot, updating, and connecting back to my home wifi.

0 Kudos
medlibrarian
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

After six or so years using Roku, I have moved on to other products. The solutions you offered are impractical and my research shows me that a lot of people suddenly have issues connecting. I ended up buying competing products and those worked instantly. They also offer features Roku doesn’t (such as the ability to watch Twitch on my TV again.

SuspectResidue
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@medlibrarian - Ha, I still miss Twitch on my TV. I have a non-Roku smart TV, maybe I just need to buy an eArc capable receiver and move on with my life!

0 Kudos
Luckysick

Jump to solution

My Roku will not play any apps.  It starts out ok and within a minute reverts back to the app.  I have another roku in a different room and it works fine.

0 Kudos
zedzedzedzed
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We have this exact issue with our Roku Express. Have restarted everything many times, have uninstalled apps and reinstalled things. WiFi and wired signals are excellent and all non-Roku tvs are working perfectly.

HELP!!

0 Kudos
Ravenfan1

Jump to solution

Yes

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Our roku has been doing the same thing. Been going on since May. If I connect via hardwire or hotspot it works just fine, but that is not realistic. I can’t have an either net cord running through my house to the bedroom. I have 3 other Roku tvs, one being right across the hall from this one, and they are all working just fine. This is so frustrating, we pay 2 to 300 dollars for these devices and now we are unable to utilize them. This tv is only a year old…

0 Kudos
zedzedzedzed
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Omg, I’ve spent hours working on this and googling other user’s issues…and have just discovered that this is actually only true for me for literally one show: Stranger Things?!?!? The other shows all play, but this one show doesn’t’ But also, if I start an episode on my phone it WILL play if I hit ‘resume’ on the tv, but only if I start it on phone first…AND IT TURNS OUT I’M NOT ALONE! This one show glitches people’s Netflix/Roku!! How can ONE programme be so glitchy???

0 Kudos
AmyI
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We are going thought his exact problem now with one devise after an internet outage. I will unplug the router and modum when there is a time no one is using it. So frustrating. What ended up fixing it??

0 Kudos
SuspectResidue
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I've had success with two things. 1, I believe that critical Roku servers/services are being blocked by some Internet service providers. I was able to connect my phone to my home wifi, enable the hotspot and a VPN, connect the Roku to my phone hotspot, run updates, and let it phone home to do whatever it needed to do. After that, I can usually connect back to my home router and use it normally for a few weeks or until an app is required to be updated. 2, get rid of your Roku. 

I hope that helps!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.