Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yapper
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Premiere Overheating

Jump to solution

@RokuKariza-D 

The device ID is K4208E240084

Thanks,

Yapper

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Yapper

Appreciate the reply.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Sssbraunpo

Jump to solution

Mine overheats too. I have a mini desk fan blowing on the Roku device and it seems to help. In a well ventilated place, etc. But I shouldn't have to worry about doing this.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @Sssbraunpo

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please provide us with the device ID of the affected Roku player. It can be found at the back or underneath the device itself. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
LexGitter

Jump to solution

I have several Roku Premiere (3920 series) 3920X Roku Premiere devices and 2 of them often give me this issue. They are always quite warm to the touch. I unplug them for a while and the message goes away but it will reappear, sometimes in several weeks, sometimes in a day. These units are away from other warm devices. IT seems odd that they should run so hot, particularly when they are sitting idle for long stretches and then when I start to watch I see the message

There definitely seems to be something generically wrong with these. What can I do to address this?

The serial number of the one I am having the issue with currently is YH00G3948604. I am at SW version 11.0.0 - build 4193-91 and when I went to verify it was current it indicated it had just checked this morning and indicated there is no new version and also that it verifies daily. the Device ID is K4302G948604.

0 Kudos
beckymchat

Jump to solution

Mine is also constantly overheating. I have an extender and it’s still not working. I’ve literally used this for 3 days and this happens. This seems to be a design flaw and Id like my device replaced even tho it’s older. I bought it and never used it until 3 days ago as I had satellite tv.

image.jpg

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This seems to be a very common problem. I also bought my Roku stick (model 3610x) in 2021 and noticed it would start to get very, very hot. I never got a red light or a message on my TV but despite a blue light and trying different TVs there'd be days where it wouldn't work at all and now it seems to have died altogether. All your support team had to say was "get another Roku. Oh, your warranty expired." As if! Is it company police to sell junk? 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @LexGitter @beckymchat

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Elgatonyc73

We're here to help!

Please be advised that Roku devices tend to go warm since it's always plugged in. You can try the suggestion in this link then let us know if there's any difference after. 

Furthermore, you've mentioned that your Roku wouldn't work now. Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet?  In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall.

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I've tried letting the Premiere cool down, and it works for a while then the Overheating on-screen message re-appears. As I mentioned in the original post, it's located in a place with good air flow, and the location hasn't been changed so my conclusion is that it's not an environment issue, rather that the Premiere is failing.

0 Kudos