Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jjh2
Reel Rookie

roku premiere overheating

The device is near a window and not close to TV or any other electronics.  Ive unplugged it and let it cool overnight and plug it back in and in 15-20 minutes it overheats.  It isnt anything im doing so why is it doing this

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Re:roku premiere overheating

Hello @Jjh2

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Roku devices tend to go warm since it's always plugged in. We would recommend taking a look at our Support page for more information regarding this issue: What to do if the red light is on or you see a “Your device is overheating” message

If this problem is not resolved, please let us know, along with any additional information you may have that would be useful for our team to investigate. Please include the serial number of your Roku device so that we can assist you further.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Jjh2
Reel Rookie

Hello,

I had already tried everything before writing this post.  Im at the end of options here.  Whatever is happening appears to be a dangerous situation being as the box gets hot enough to hurt my finger. The serial #

YH00AT309058

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Appreciate the response @Jjh2

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we try to resolve your issue.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.