Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
surajxp1
Reel Rookie

Dolby 5.1 not playing through airplay on my roku stick

Have been trying to stream movies via airplay on my roku streaming stick+ (model 3810X with airplay version 3.4.0.123 and app version 42.105.0)

It only outputs stereo via airplay whereas dd+ works fine when I play through the apps on roku.

Trying to find a way to output dolby audio via airplay

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Dolby 5.1 not playing through airplay on my roku stick

Hello @surajxp1 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Have you tried changing the digital output format to Passthrough? Settings>Audio>Digital output format>Passthrough? Please note that the surround sound pass-through is only available when your Roku streaming player is connected via HDMI® or optical (when available). Although some Roku players can decode Dolby DigitalTM, audio will only be output in stereo unless you connect your player to an AVR or soundbar. 

We suggest also checking this page for tips and troubleshooting steps for this type of issue: How to set up your Roku® streaming player for surround sound

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
surajxp1
Reel Rookie

Yes, digital output is set to passthrough and I connected my roku player to onkyo avr via hdmi which outputs dd+ perfectly when I play through the Netflix app. Problem arises only when i play content via airplay from iphone apps like prime video/ disney+ etc ( btw airplay outputs the same content through 5.1 when I play on my lg webos tv using airplay). So the problem lies only with roku player.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Appreciate your response @surajxp1

If you are unable to resolve the issue with the troubleshooting steps provided above, can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-did you have Airplay or Homekit before? if so, when did you start seeing this issue occur?
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further..

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos