Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Express 4k will not boot

Hi @paraodiegoBR

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community. 

Firstly, please be advised that we only support English in the Roku Community. We had to use google translate to understand your inquiry.

For further assistance, could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall.

If still no dice, try unplugging your router first, then boot up your Roku device. Once it's up, replug your router. Make sure to troubleshoot in this order, and then let us know if there's any difference afterward.

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
paraodiegoBR
Channel Surfer

@RokuKariza-D

Thank you very much for answering me. ROKU has always been plugged into the wall. I took it to other rooms but it doesn't start anymore.
About the router, I already installed it on other connections, in different places, but it didn't work either.
The s/n is S0AH41CU35Y0, model 3941RW.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@paraodiegoBR

Appreciate the reply.

We'll have a member of our Support team reach out to you via email. They will continue assisting you from there and provide a resolution to this issue.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
dillfazie
Reel Rookie

to whom it may concern,

My serial number is SOAH41CS3RFH  IT IS A MD# 3941X.  I have attempted for 2 days now powering down and rebooting with my only result being the bouncing Roku logo.  After a 45sec restart my screen only remains black.  I must at this point only a re-power will engage a screen which is back to the bouncing roku logo.   Any and all information on this repair will be greatly appreciated.. I believe the purchase was 4/22 mid month.  Thank you for your assistance.

Phil D

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @dillfazie

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
dillfazie
Reel Rookie

I'm replying for the 3nd time to this email/message... I'd truly like a response, as I don't get time to play in here with you i'd like to enjoy the services I'm paying for... thank you for your attention to this issue.

0 Kudos
dillfazie
Reel Rookie

Now i've been replying via email.  so here is my last email : 

Phil Daisey <prdaisey@yahoo.com>
To:Roku Community

Mon, Oct 3 at 4:54 PM

Kariza,
120v 15amp household outlet.
I'm an HVAC tech for 35yrs now and work around electric everyday.. I have used your power cord from original installation.
thank you,
Phil

On Monday, October 3, 2022 at 10:07:24 AM EDT, Roku Community <community@roku.com> wrote:
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@dillfazie

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that responding to the email message notifications from the Community will not be posted to the Community.

We would recommend disconnecting your wireless network, then rebooting your Roku device to see if you can get past the bouncing Roku logo. If you are able to get to the Roku Home screen, then try reconnecting your wireless network to see if your Roku functions normally.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dillfazie
Reel Rookie

Thank you for your response... I have attempted both of your suggestions several times..  May I have my next course of action... thank you for your time...

0 Kudos
Rokaty
Reel Rookie

Hi Roku, we unfortunately have the same problem with our Roku Express 4K device, which is less than a year old. It was working fine until earlier in the week when we went to turn the TV on and the Roku device booted to bouncing letters instead of the normal home screen. It went to blue screen after the system update completed.

Since then, we've tried multiple factory resets using the reset button on the back of the device, and using the control (home x5, up x1, rewind x2, fast-forward x2). When it reboots we usually get bouncing letters and then blue screen. Sometimes it lets us get as far as entering the WiFi settings which all get confirmed as correct, with internet connection working correctly. Immediately after this confirmation the device checks for updates and then promptly the TV display goes blue.

As well as trying the factory reset method, we have also tried changing HDMI port on the TV, changing HDMI cable (ones that work fine with other devices), turning power off both TV and Roku device at the wall overnight, turning off any optional settings on the TV itself, and restarting the WiFi router. To no avail, still same blue screen outcome each time.

I should add that our Roku device has always "blue screened" when trying to output as 1080p/auto - it has only ever worked on our TV outputting 720p. The lower resolution hasn't bothered us much, but maybe it is a related problem...?

Roku Express 4K, SN: S07U216SJM4G, Model: 3940X. Powered by the wall power outlet / plug that it came with (i.e. not powering the device by USB)

Toshiba LCD Colour TV, Model: 37XV505D

Please can you help?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.