Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Free Roku Live Channels not working I FIXED IT FINALLY (no help from Roku)

We sincerely apologize for the experience, @jeffyfarley.

We have sent you a message here in the Roku Community, as we may need details to further assess this. Please be aware that our Roku engineers are keen on investigating this one. We appreciate your patience in dealing with this concern.

Please continue to communicate via PM so we can sort out this issue as soon as possible. We appreciate your cooperation!

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate your post, @Terr.

We understand that you're having an issue accessing content on The Roku Channel Live TV. 

To better understand the issue, we'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Please provide the following information:

• What Roku model device are you using?
  • Do you receive any error codes or messages? If yes, please let us know.
  • Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device?
  • When did you start having it?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?
  • Have you made recent changes to your network?
  • Where are you currently located?
  • What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

We look forward to your responses and gathering your details. 

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jeffyfarley
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Live Channels not working

I had the same problem and the same experience with Roku support. I finally fixed the issue by doing a factory reset on my device and then using a DIFFERENT EMAIL to create a NEW ROKU ACCOUNT. This had fixed the issue on both of my  Rokus. I don't know why this isn't suggested by Roku support. I find it hard to believe that I figured this out but the tech team is apparently stumped by this and has been for the last couple of years.

0 Kudos
jeffyfarley
Binge Watcher

I fixed it by doing a factory reset and then logging in with a NEW ACCOUNT using a DIFFERENT EMAIL ADDRESS.  Roku never suggested this fix. Does the tech team not no about this or do they just not want to admit that their servers somehow corrupt exisiting user's accounts?

0 Kudos
jeffyfarley
Binge Watcher

Try doing a factory reset and then logging in and creating a NEW ACCOUNT using a DIFFERENT EMAIL. This solved the issue for me on both my Roku devices. This obviously is a problem at the server end where some users' accounts are being corrupted. Why doesn't Roku support suggest this as a fix?

0 Kudos
jeffyfarley
Binge Watcher

I fixed it by doing a factory reset and then creating a NEW ACCOUNT with a DIFFERENT EMAIL ADDRESS.  I find it hard to believe that Roku doesn't know about this but they never suggested this to me. Maybe they don't want to admit that there is a problem with their own servers courrupting users' accounts.

0 Kudos
jeffyfarley
Binge Watcher

I fixed it by doing a factory reset and then creating a NEW ACCOUNT  with a DIFFERENT EMAIL. Both my Roku devices are working properly now. Why does't Roku suggest this? I find it hard to believe that their support department and tech department have never heard of this,

0 Kudos
jeffyfarley
Binge Watcher

If you do a factory reset you will be asked to login to your account. If you use a DIFFERENT EMAIL to set up a NEW ACCOUNT your Roku channels should start working again. At least that's how I fixed my two Roku devices.

0 Kudos
jeffyfarley
Binge Watcher

I fixed mine by doing a factory reset and then creating a NEW ACCOUNT using a DIFFERENT PASSWORD. 

0 Kudos
jeffyfarley
Binge Watcher

I fixed mine by doing a factory reset and then creating a NEW ACCOUNT using a DIFFERENT EMAIL ADDRESS.  Roku has never suggested this to me.

0 Kudos