Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Damonrapozo1
Reel Rookie

Roku stick locks up streaming stick 30-45 min life

Roku 4k stick locks up every 45 minutes.  Called tech support; useless.  did an update, hard reset, etc and no luck, gave me a ticket number on 1-27-24.  I have called in twice, very painful conversations, two new ticket numbers, nobody has a clue, just keep saying its been elevated, back-end team will be in touch, prioritized, etc.  Two full months now three ticket numbers with Zero resolution.  The worst customer service ever

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku stick locks up streaming stick 30-45 min life

Hi @Damonrapozo1,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for raising this concern directly with us!

We apologize for the inconvenience, and this is not what we aim for. We would like to further investigate this issue that you have with the Roku streaming stick. Could you send us a photo of the error messages or code that you are getting? May we know what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Damonrapozo1
Reel Rookie

HI John,

On 1-27-24 I called Tech support and spoke with Rasesh, ticket number 9110736.  We spent nearly an hour rebooting stick, plugging into an outlet with adapter versus USB, updating hardware, trying on a different TV, trying on a different network, trying in a different house, sending screen shots of issue report tracker page (issue ID 00-038-500), and more im forgetting.  

I have four other Roku 4k sticks within the same property in different bedrooms, a shop apartment, and an RV that all work perfect.

Rasesh said it's a hardware issue that is over his ability so he will send this all over to the "backend team" and I will hear from them in a day or two.  Next I received an email detailing our conversation from Roku which I still have. I never heard a word so after "a month" I called in again, ticket # 9279241.  That lady said my ticket was closed!  She put me on hold, read all the notes, and apologized saying the backend team was moving into a new facility so I will just have to be patient.  She said she elevated my case and I would hear from Roku in one week or less.  

Waited another month, called again yesterday, ticket # 9478540. killed over an hour of my life again on the phone with tech support.  They want me to start over and perform a bunch of testing Rasesh and I already performed two months ago. I asked them to review the notes, she put me on hod for 33 minutes then returned saying she was going to prioritize my case.  

I probably have 3-4 hours into this issue and over two months time.  Ridiculous

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Damonrapozo1,

Thanks for the update!

I see a couple of tickets about this already and a lot of troubleshooting has been exhausted and sorry for the inconvenience.

We'd like to take a step in here to further assist you. Please share with us the serial number of this device that has an issue. This can usually be found by navigating Settings>>System>>About

Please keep us posted!

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Damonrapozo1
Reel Rookie

YH003S051300 (223143051300)

Software Version 12.5.5  

Build 4174

GC Version 10.6.34

Yes, I have hours into this annoying issue, three separate long phone calls repeating everything despite having a ticket number, zero help, and no resolution in over two(2) months.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Damonrapozo1,

Thanks for the update!

I'll take care of this information and we'll share this with the appropriate team.

i also drop you a PM regarding this.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Damonrapozo1
Reel Rookie

FYI RokuERay PM said "We're sorry again for the delay in our solution to this. I see that the device itself is a bit older and we have an ongoing issue regarding this specific model".  

I don't think my Roku stick is very old at all, not sure what "a bit" is?  Regardless, if an "ongoing issue" exists with a specific model and I have a "bit older device" then if Roku has not fixed this by now I would call it "a defective model".  Hard to believe it took two full months, three ticket numbers from three unique conversations with tech support, and all of a sudden RokuERay has this all figured out on the Roku community board?  Buyer beware 

0 Kudos