Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bjedrick
Streaming Star

Parts of video display incorrectly

Jump to solution

I watch many TV series on the Roku channel. Recently two series - That Girl S2 E13 ans The Real McCoys S1  E20 started displaying parts of the video blurry (not enough pixels).  Removing them from Continue Watching and adding them back did not solve problem.

The problem is not with the Roku channel because all other series in the Continue Watching list display correctly, so it must be the channel Roku is getting the videos from.  That Girl is from Filmrise, don't kow where the other is from.  With this problem I can no longer watch those two series.   

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bjedrick
Streaming Star

Re: Parts of video display incorrectly

Jump to solution

The episodes with distorted video on the Roku (That Girl S2E13 and The Real McCoys S1E20) play fine on the FreeVee Channel.  Removed them from the Roku Channel and will now watch those series on the FreeVee Channel.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @bjedrick,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having a playback issue with a channel. In some cases, removing the channel and then reinstalling it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below, making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

• Remove the channel. Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button on your Roku remote to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Home > Settings > System > Power. "If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step." System restart.
  • Reinstall the channel. Visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Please keep us posted on how it goes!

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bjedrick
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

The episodes with distorted video on the Roku (That Girl S2E13 and The Real McCoys S1E20) play fine on the FreeVee Channel.  Removed them from the Roku Channel and will now watch those series on the FreeVee Channel.

0 Kudos
ics

Jump to solution

It is the Roku channel. I have removed the app and added it back. My issue started three days ago when the format changed for the program guide.

I have two televisions with streaming sticks, I have one Roku TV in my home and my mother has a Roku TV in her home. Different locations, IP addresses and Internet providers. All televisions are responding the same. The problem started about three days ago when the format to the programs guide changed.

Examples the Doris Day Show and Here’s Lucy and That Girl. Blurry.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ics,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having issues with The Roku Channel not playing content. Please be advised that we're currently aware of the issue, and the appropriate Roku team is currently investigating the issue to resolve it. Once more information is available, we'll make sure to provide an update in the Community.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AVPro1

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue with Silk Stalkings - blurred pic.  It happens on all of my Roku deveices and has been going on for about a week.  Please resolve this.

0 Kudos