Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ruthanne42
Binge Watcher

Anything connected to Roku is not playing? I can’t get any help.

I can’t cancel because it’s on auto renew. So there is a month to wait. No phone numbers to call for support. No email address to get support. Very disappointed I had to find this out the hard way. Back to Netflix 😡

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Anything connected to Roku is not playing? I can’t get any help.

Hi @ruthanne42,

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!
We understand that you are having problems canceling your subscription. We're happy to help. To be better assisted with your subscription, you can contact our Accounts and Billing team since they are the specialized department to best cater to your inquiry. To contact them, kindly refer to this link here. Select the Accounts and Billing option to be directed to their contact information.
Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ruthanne42
Binge Watcher

I really don’t want to cancel. I am trying to get programs to run on Roku. I thought if I cancelled and re instated it might fix the bug. I can’t get any answers to why programs are not working.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@ruthanne42-

If NONE of your installed channel apps are working, this sounds like a deeper problem than one or two apps that need to be reinstalled.

Can you provide more information regarding in what manner they are not working? 

When you click on them in the Roku home page channel grid, what happens?   Does it just sit there?  Does it load but then immediately exit?  If it loads and you click on a program, what happens?  If you are you shown any error messages, what exactly do they say?

And also, it's always a good idea to mention what Roku model and model number you have as there are differences that may affect what advice would apply.  You can find this via Settings > System > About.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
ruthanne42
Binge Watcher

ROKU only. I get Netflix, Prime ect without issue. I click on RoKu Chanel that I want to watch and just won’t load.

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@ruthanne42 I just checked an my Roku channel appears to being working fine.  Have you tried a system restart.  Not a factory reset as that will remove everything.  A system restart just restarts your Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ruthanne42,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you sharing your experience with The Roku Channel not playing content. We want to help you to get back on stream. Could you please confirm if the issue is happening to particular content on The Roku Channel or if all of the content is affected? Also, what troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

Your response would be much appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
ruthanne42
Binge Watcher

Yes, I have tried all the steps that I can. I have unsubscribed so that I can delete and then reload but it won’t let me do that until the subscription runs out.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @ruthanne42,

Thanks for the posts regarding channel playback issues when accessing The Roku Channel.
Please be aware that we are currently investigating and working hard to resolve the issue affecting a subset of customers.

Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • What version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing / behavior that you see with the channel
  • Your location
  • Who is your ISP (internet service provider)?
  • Where are you located?

Once we have this information, we will pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.
In the meantime, your patience and understanding is much appreciated. 

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ruthanne42
Binge Watcher

This happens on both my TVs. 
onn.model : 100012589

hardware ID: H801x

serial number: x02000KF8KSL

software version: 12.0.0 build 4182-EG

device ID:SOLGG32F8KSL

ID SL-305536

GC version: 9.5.25

I live out in the country, near Brookfield MO. My internet service is through Chariton Valley out of Macon MO. If click on a program to watch. Say Criminal Minds, it simply won’t load the program. No errors, just won’t load. I have Netflix, Prime all work just fine. It is only channels associated with ROKU

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.