Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jengriffin90
Reel Rookie

PBS kids app server error

For the past few days my PBS kids app won’t stream live tv. It gives a “server error” prompt. I can stream just fine on my phone and other non Roku devices. Is there some sort of glitch or is something not communicating properly anymore? I used to be able to stream live on my Roku just fine. 

Labels (1)
9 REPLIES 9
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: PBS kids app server error

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Jengriffin90!

Thanks for reaching out and informing us about the playback issues you're currently experiencing with the Live TV content of the PBS Kids app. We'd like to suggest some steps to help you troubleshoot. 

Kindly follow the steps precisely below:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

Here's our support link for reference: How to resolve a channel playback issue

Keep us posted on how it goes and we'll go from there.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
byroniousC

PBS kids app server error

I have the same issue. Live TV streaming just shows a "server error" for about a week now. 

Tried the steps you laid out and still has the same error. 

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome to the Roku Community, @byroniousC, and @Jengriffin90

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We truly appreciate your vigilance and would like to take the necessary steps to investigate this matter more thoroughly.

Could you please provide the following details?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Channel build version (Highlight the app from the Home Screen and press the Star * Button)

We are anticipating your prompt response. 

Regards,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JerryCopus

Same issue here.

Issue ID: ID-9S-429-028

Model: 4800X - Roku Ultra

Serial number: X0100JPSN9S (S02A208PSN9S)

Software version: 14.0.4 build 12221-C2

GC version: 12.5.25

PBS KIDS version 6.4 build 1

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @JerryCopus.

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We are truly grateful that you have provided the necessary details to foster the investigation process.

Rest assured that this will be forwarded to the appropriate Roku Team. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding as we work to resolve the issue. 

Please let us know if you need more help. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jengriffin90
Reel Rookie

Roku device model: 55PUL7973/F7
serial number: X01300S176YR
device ID: S10M435176YR
OS version: 14.0
 Tracker ID: YR-429-027
Channel build version: version 6.4 build 1
0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the additional information, @Jengriffin90!

We appreciate your effort to supply all the needed information for us to proceed with the investigation. 

You can be assured that this message will be promptly directed to the relevant Roku team for a thorough review. We truly appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we address this matter. Thank you for your patience and support during this process.

We'll make sure to update this thread once a resolution is provided. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

A week ago today, Friday, sent support ticket to PBS about this problem which reading on page 2 of this forum apparently and specifically another user reports the same problem as it applies to my Roku device - the Cadillac version of its days - listed in the "Subject" Header.

NOTE: Up until two weeks ago my 4400x devices (x2) worked rather flawless with PBS app.

Is ROKU technical' assisting PBS coding/programming engineers to get this app working properly with my device?

Or is my device being forced into obsolescence by PBS or ROKU?

If this is the case will cancel PBS subscription.

To be clear as of now in 2024 all listed Roku Apps works fine on my 4400x devices.

Thank you and best regards,

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@weirdingways455, your device is obsolete and has been for a while now.  It's no longer receiving updates and can't run the latest software or apps.  I don't think your problem is the same as others in this thread.  In your case, if the PBS app needs an update to continue working there's no way to get it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.