Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kevin26
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku streaming channel freezes at commerials

We are having the same issue with the Roku Channel freezing coming out of commercials. With the ESPN channel, the video will freeze within a few seconds even in a commercial when replaying a show, but not with live event. This behavior started after the most recent update.

Model 3941X - Roku Express 4K+
S/N X01600CH74N4
Software 11.5.0 - build 4235-CR
Device ID S07P21CH74N4

Unpluging the device for a few minutes and then restarting the device does no good. 

Kevin26
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku streaming channel freezes at commerials

Update to my previous post. Unplugging the HDMI cable and then reconnecting immediately gets the video going in and in sync with the sound. 

0 Kudos
Newbie4
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 11.5] Express device freezes during commercials

Device model 39-41RW; serial #X01600M4EKGE1; device ID S0AH5154EKGE; version 11.5.0 build 4235CR

the freeze is happening with my Spectrum app after I’ve been watching for at least 30 minutes. Version 8.6 build 

tracker ID  GE-442-186

i hope this helps you track down the issue as it is very annoying. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@JB100 @Kevin26 @Newbie4 

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
regdan
Channel Surfer

Picture either goes black or freezes when commercial comes on

When the show I'm watching goes to commercial, the picture either goes black or freezes. The audio remains fine. The only way I can fix it is to turn to a different channel - then quickly back to the original channel I was watching. What's the fix? I have a Roku Express 4k* that is only a few months old. The TV is a small LG smart TV. All connections are tight and snug.

0 Kudos
regdan
Channel Surfer

Re: [OS 11.5] Express device - Video Freezes But Audio Keeps Playing

I have the same problem, but it does not matter what streaming app I'm on nor what channel I'm on.

When the show I'm watching goes to commercial, the picture either goes black or freezes. The audio remains fine. The only way I can fix it is to turn to a different channel - then quickly back to the original channel I was watching. What's the fix? I have a Roku Express 4k* that is only a few months old (July 2022). The TV is a small LG smart TV. All connections are tight and snug.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @regdan,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If this issue is not resolved with your Roku device freezing during commercials, please help us with the additional information provided below that would be helpful for our team to look into this problem.

• Roku device model
  • serial number
  • device ID
  • software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  • what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
regdan
Channel Surfer

Thank you Mary.  Here is the information you requested.

I have a Roku Express 4K+.
Model 3931X
SN:  X016004GSST9
Device ID:  S07P21AGSST9
Software version:  11.50    Build 4235-CR

So far I've noticed the video freezing on both the Spectrum App and the Roku App:
Spectrum App:  Version 8.0, Build 1
Roku App:  Version 8.0, Build 72

When the video freezes, the tv screen will either turn completely black (no picture, just audio).  
Or the picture will just freeze with no audio.  Most of the time the screen will turn black.  

There is no error message.  There is no tracker ID when depressing the * button.
When the freeze occurred, I depressed the Home button 5 times, followed by depressing the back button 5 times.  All this does is cause the device to go to the Home screen.

Once on the Home screen, I depressed the Home button 5 times, followed by depressing the back button 5 times and received the Issue ID T9-469-435.  See attached photo.  I did it a second time and received an Issue ID of T9-469-438.  A third time I got T9-469-444.

Help!

Unable to attach photo on this venue so I sent the photo by email.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@regdan

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DebbieW

Roku is an added app to my TV.  

0 Kudos