Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smt0300

Not remembering playback position

Hello - is there a setting or function I can utilize that will allow Roku to remember my playback position? I watch news shows on Rumble and have two young kids. If one of them interrupts and I have to turn the stream off, when I log back on later and select the same episode, it starts over from the beginning. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Not remembering playback position

Hello! @smt0300,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community!

Create a single, easy-to-access collection of entertainment from across the Roku platform with Save List. Save movies and TV shows that you like or want to watch later with a click of a button. All your saved titles are easily accessible in What to Watch on your streaming device, just waiting for you to press play.

Use the following steps to save movies and TV shows to your Save List with Roku Text Search or, if you have a voice remote, Roku Voice Search.

1. Press Home on your remote.
  2. Scroll and select Search, or press the Voice button on your remote.
  3. Type or say the title of your movie or TV show.
  4. Use the directional pad on your remote to access the search results.
  5. Select the title.
  6. From the details screen, select Add to Save List.
  • Tip: As you type each letter, the search results will update. You do not have to type the entire title to find your movie or TV show.

For more detailed information about the Roku Save List feature, visit our Support page here: How to save movies and TV shows using Save List

Please feel free to let us know if you need any additional assistance!

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@smt0300 Remembering playback position is something that can only be done within the channel you're watching. I'm not familiar with Rumble, but if it's a stand-alone channel, you would need to ask the channel developer to add such a function. The Roku player can't control the way a particular channel functions internally. I searched the channel store for Rumble, and it is offered by Rumble Inc, so only they can alter the way the channel works.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@smt0300 

As a daily user of Rumble, I sympathize with you on this one.  Best I can offer is to press "Pause" on your remote (which will bring up the playback overlay) and note the time played, or time remaining.  Then fast-forward back to that spot when you resume viewing later.

Many times I start watching a stream on Rumble in one room, and then have to resume in another.  Becomes second nature to just hit pause and note the time after a while before switching between devices/tvs. 

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
renojim

Are those videos are longer than 15 minutes?  If so, I'd say Rumble is violating certification requirements.

"Channels must implement bookmarking in VOD content that is longer that 15 minutes to pass certification."

https://developer.roku.com/docs/developer-program/media-playback/bookmarking.md

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos