Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HRP1221

Roku 3 keeps dropping channels (Disney+, Netflix, Prime, etc.) and going back to Roku homepage

I can only play Hulu on my Roku 3.  Other channels will play for seconds, then drop and the Roku 3 will return to the Roku home page.  I've tried manual updates and this didn't help.  If this planned obsolescence and is my only option to by a new device?  

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku 3 keeps dropping channels (Disney+, Netflix, Prime, etc.) and going back to Roku homepage

Hi @HRP1221,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the playback issue with the channels. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue:

• Restart your Roku device: Make sure to do the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step). System restart.
  • Check your internet connection: Make sure that your Roku device is connected to a stable internet connection. You can try restarting your router or modem or resetting your network settings on your Roku device.
  • Check for updates: Make sure your Roku device and the channels involved are current. You can check for updates in the Roku settings menu or the app store.
  • Reinstall the app: If the above steps do not work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Channels affected on your Roku device. We suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and reinstalling it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step). System restart.

Please keep us posted on what you find out!

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos