Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanTheMan2
Channel Surfer

Roku Cameras Wont Play Passed Activities

I have 5 new Roku Cameras and they WILL NOT PLAYBACK passed recordings or events Like Wyze Cameras u can Playback passed recordings with a sd card inside which I already did , but with Roku Cameras u have to TAKE OUT the SD CARD and put it in a computer, I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO DO THAT it’s 2023 , Wyze u do not have to take NO SD CARD out at all , I should be able to playback my passed events without taking out my sd card this is a nationwide issue that needs to be fix immediately, update the app immediately with the feature to playback recordings without taking the sd card out the camera slot. #cameras #sdcard #rokucameras

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Cameras Wont Play Passed Activities

Hi @DanTheMan2 

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that at the moment, you're unable to view the playback events of your Roku Cameras. Please be advised that you must purchase a Roku Smart Home subscription to view event video recordings saved to the cloud.

For more details information about how to view event video recordings, visit our Support page here: View recordings on your camera or doorbell

Thanks for your understanding and for choosing Roku.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DanTheMan2
Channel Surfer

I keep saying I Bought & paid for the subscription day 1 , paid for the subscription a month ago been did that, with Wyze u don’t have to take your sd card slot out the cameras to see your playback events with Wyze. this is ridiculous with Roku I spent all this money not to see all my playback recordings, the cloud events playback sometimes it records to the cloud and sometimes it don’t ALL THIS NEEDS TO BE FIX 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DanTheMan2,

Thanks for posting on the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having playback issues with the event recordings that are not playing or recording sometimes. We're happy to help. What error message are you seeing? Please try to sign out and sign back in on your Roku Smart Home app account.

If the problem persists, you can try restarting the camera.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos