Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mrsnicoleorozco
Reel Rookie

Netflix will not work did anyone find an answer?

Jump to solution

New TV. Netflix worked for about 2 months. Now it opens and shows everything on Netflix but as soon as I try to play anything it loads to 24% and won't do anything but spin. I have factory reset. I have un-installed and reinstalled Netflix. I have reset the TV. I have done everything and still will not work. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Netflix will not work did anyone find an answer?

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us posted, @Mrsnicoleorozco!

If you haven't attempted other troubleshooting, we recommend following the steps below to see if that helps.

• Restart device and Router: You can restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart. For the router, unplug and replug it.
  • Update Netflix To update the channel, highlight it, press the star button on your Roku remote, scroll down, and select "channel update."

For additional troubleshooting, visit our support page here: How to resolve a channel playback issue. If the problem persists and only affects one channel, we highly recommend contacting the channel provider directly. This is because the providers create, maintain, and update many channels and apps on Roku.

Please let us know if the issue is resolved or reply to the thread for further assistance. We are happy to help you.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku community, @Mrsnicoleorozco!

We have noticed that you are experiencing difficulties with streaming Netflix channels, and we are here to assist you. 

Could you please let us know if this issue is only occurring with Netflix or if you are experiencing similar problems with other channels. Additionally, it would be very helpful if you could provide details about a specific movie or show. Have you tried restarting your router to improve your internet connection? Can you please try using a mobile hotspot? If it makes any difference.

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mrsnicoleorozco
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Right now it's working but at night it won't.  I have 9 mbps so it should work because Hulu and every other app works except Netflix. I tried watching Bridgerton and several other shows it won't let me. It loads up Netflix but when I click a show it goes to 24% everytime and stops. 

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us posted, @Mrsnicoleorozco!

If you haven't attempted other troubleshooting, we recommend following the steps below to see if that helps.

• Restart device and Router: You can restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart. For the router, unplug and replug it.
  • Update Netflix To update the channel, highlight it, press the star button on your Roku remote, scroll down, and select "channel update."

For additional troubleshooting, visit our support page here: How to resolve a channel playback issue. If the problem persists and only affects one channel, we highly recommend contacting the channel provider directly. This is because the providers create, maintain, and update many channels and apps on Roku.

Please let us know if the issue is resolved or reply to the thread for further assistance. We are happy to help you.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.